The 80s came back. I thought I was out, but they pullllllled me back in.

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Larry Seno Jr., May 30, 2002.

1. Larry Seno Jr.

Larry Seno Jr. Supporting Actor

And Im serious.

Im watching the NBA, chicks are wearing jean jackets and Im thinking they're looking hot.

and rock and roll came back, and MTVs playing it.

First it was the Strokes, then it was the White Stripes, and now...

Andrew WK.

Hair Bands. When did THIS happen? There can't have been one that i missed.

This thread isn't for the insiders who know anything about music, it's for the people whose first time hearing a song is on MTV.

I don't know if Andrew WK is from the UK, Germany, or wherever but damned if their "Party Hard" single doesn't remind me of Def Leppard, Motley Crue or any other Hair Band from the 80s. The Strokes and White Lies are pure and simple UK punk rock, yet I think their both from the states. When did THIS happen? They said that it was techno, then it was boy bands, please don't tell me that we're in 1984 in 2002 because I dont want to be reliving the DRY years of the early nineties which begots ANOTHER grunge (God that was SO tired).

2. Jeff_P

Jeff_P Stunt Coordinator

Larry,

I know how you feel. I just bought the new Poison CD which I was expecting to hate. In my opinion, it is awesome. Also, picked up a CD by an 80's LA band called ODIN and that was rockin also.

Hello, my name is Jeff and I love 80's Metal.

3. Mike Broadman

Mike Broadman Producer

Pop music is so funny. It seems like they can't decide which to pick: the decadent silliness of the mid-80s or the depressing pointless "rebellion" of the early 90s. So, you have pop stars who pick one or, even worse, try to do both at the same time.

Frankly, I like my rock starts getting laid, doing drugs, and looking stupid.

4. KeithH

KeithH Lead Actor

I bought Scandal Warrior recently. The music brings back some great memories, but the pictures of Patty Smyth on the album artwork are ridiculous. [​IMG]

5. Todd Stout

Todd Stout Screenwriter

ODIN?!!!! Holy cow! I used to listen to those guys back in the 80's when I was in high school. As a matter of fact, I recently bought two of their CDs online. Ahhh... the memories. I was beginning to think that I was the only one that remembered Odin.

I was a big heavy metal fan back in the 80's and I still listen to a lot of what did back then. I'll probably always listen to most of those bands although some are starting to sound a little dated... even to me.

6. Jeff_P

Jeff_P Stunt Coordinator

7. Kevin P

Kevin P Screenwriter

I'll have to check out that new Poison next time I'm shopping. The 80s were the biggest years in my life for both music and coming of age. I still listen to a lot of the 80s stuff.

Speaking of 80s stuff...

NP: Suzanne Vega, Solitude Standing

8. MickeS

MickeS Producer

For those who are interested, Motley Crue's "New Tattoo" which came out 2 years ago I think, is a great album also. Great 80's feel, with songs on par with "Dr Feelgood", IMO.

/Mike

9. Todd Stout

Todd Stout Screenwriter

I just picked up the new Hurricane release "Liquifury" and that's a pretty good album. Only two of the members are originals but it still sounds pretty good. I also picked up the new Dokken CD last Sunday but I haven't gotten around to opening it yet. I hear it's good one though. Oh man, so many old school bands are releasing albums again, it's hard to keep up.

Have any of you seen the new Ozzy "Blizzard of Ozz" and "Diary of a Madman" releases? I picked both of those up last Sunday as well. Blizzard has "You Lookin' At Me Lookin' At You" as a bonus track which I've been looking for. Well... I was listening to Blizzard as I was driving away from the store. "I Don't Know" plays through and sounds alright. "Crazy Train" comes on and immediately sounds very wrong. The guitar and vocals sound the same but the bass and drums sound VERY different. Once I reached my destination, I thumbed through the booklet and discovered that the bass and drum tracks are newly recorded for this release. What the hell did they do that for?!!! I assume "Diary of a Madman" is done in the same way but I haven't brought myself to open it up yet. I'll definately be holding on to my original CDs.