The "55 most wanted" deck of cards

Discussion in 'After Hours Lounge (Off Topic)' started by Mark Leiter, May 9, 2003.

1. Mark Leiter

Mark Leiter Second Unit

I am really interested in getting a deck or two of these cards for collectors purposes. After having talking to a friend with a similar interest and doing a little looking on the net Ive it found very difficult determining with "deck" is the genuine on. What am looking for is the actual deck that was giving the our troops in the gulf. Not the multitudes of copies that have cropped up since.

Can anyone give a good guide of what to look for or a good web site that sells the "real" thing? Or better yet will these real deck become available at a local deal at some time? Any help would be really appreciated.

Thanks

2. Jay Taylor

Jay Taylor Supporting Actor

Mark,

From various news reports as well as from a military forum that I belong to, the authentic cards may be purchased at greatusaflags.com:

Great USA Flags

They give a discount from the $5.95 price when you buy 4 decks so that's what I did. They shipped 2 days ago but I haven't received them yet.

Jay Taylor

3. Matt Gordon

Matt Gordon Supporting Actor

GreatUSA Flags are *not* the "originals," but the authorized public version. The true originals were actually printed by the US government. Less than 200 were printed, so you'd have to know one of the guys stationed on the Iraq-Syria border, where they were distributed. Good luck.

4. Philip_G

Philip_G Producer

I'll forward all the spam I get for these to you then [​IMG]

5. Philip Hamm

Philip Hamm Lead Actor

6. MickeS

MickeS Producer

7. Philip_G

Philip_G Producer

only 25? where do I sign up?

8. Jay Taylor

Jay Taylor Supporting Actor

Maybe we could produce a deck of cards of Pan & Scan advocates.

9. Ricardo C

Ricardo C Producer

Ah, the TRUE evil-doers [​IMG]

10. Ryan Peter

Ryan Peter Screenwriter

Believe it or not, they actually have Saddam toilet paper. [​IMG] TP

and also USA Heroes cards [​IMG] Hero Cards

I saw another site that had a deck of weasals, featuring Jeanine Garafalo and other celebs. Pretty goofy stuff. [​IMG]

11. Karl_Luph

Karl_Luph Supporting Actor

Ryan,the deck of weasels is hilarious! Is this for real? Can they really be purchased?

12. Ryan Peter

Ryan Peter Screenwriter

If I remember the site I'll let you know. I got it as a popup and forgot to bookmark it. They made it themselves I think.

13. Greg O' Connel

Greg O' Connel Stunt Coordinator

I noticed these decks are now being sold in convenience stores for $5.95. Better deal than paying that plus shipping.

The authorized ones are sold by the greatusaflags.com website and are manufactured by Hoyle. Apparantly, they got approval from the government when it was discovered that the cards that were given to U.S. troops had Hoyle's trademarked red and yellow Joker on it.

14. Ryan Peter

Ryan Peter Screenwriter

Anyone know what a real authentic deck the actual troops got goes for? With less than 200 printed that has to be expensive.

15. Mark Leiter

Mark Leiter Second Unit

Yes, I was aware that there were only 200 decks of true "original" deck made. Whats I was interested in was the authorized reproductions of the real ones. I would guess that from the comments made here would be the Hoyle decks being solds at Greatflags.

I wonder after all this is all over just what one of those real original deck would be worth? Better yet an original deck with an unopend seal? And even if one appeared would there be any kind of making on the package that indicated which addition it was?

Anyway thanks all for your help.

16. Greg O' Connel

Greg O' Connel Stunt Coordinator

An original deck should be pretty easy to spot. The Hoyle ones have Hoyle's logo and miscellaneous company information on it, and the original government produced ones don't.

I'm also pretty sure the original ones won't have a UPC on it. [​IMG]

17. Scooter

Scooter Screenwriter

Scooter
    Dunno if it's still there...but the DOD website had the PDF of the originals for FREE!!!!! That's where the first resellers of the deck got their templates.