The 4400 Season 1 will be released 12-21 - I can't wait!!

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by Chet_F, Oct 21, 2004.

1. Chet_F

Chet_F Supporting Actor

Unfortunately I was only able to watch the pilot episode due to it's weekly time slot(I always seemed to miss it). But good news - the DVD will be released 12-21-04 on a 2 disk set. A total of 5 episodes, the first being 2 hours long. It will be 16:9 also which is great. I definately can't wait for it's release so I can catch up. And I'm extremely glad they announced more episodes as it was simply an amazing show from what I saw.

Chet_F

2. Joshua Lane

Joshua Lane Second Unit

I'm looking forward to the release as well. I never got to watch any of the episodes when they aired, but have heard great things about the series. This will be a blind buy for me, but I'm expecting it will be worth it.

3. BrianW

BrianW Cinematographer

Brian
    I enjoyed the series when it aired, but I didn't expect it to be so short. I thought the writing and acting were top-notch for a TV show, though the "police stuff" was occasionally too unrealistically dramatic to keep me in the moment. But then, what televised (particularly fictional) "police stuff" isn't? It's a good story told in a compelling way. Enjoy! Here's hoping that others who post in this thread remember not to spoil the story.

4. Eddy-C

Eddy-C Supporting Actor

Theres going to be more episodes? I didn't know that, I thought it was a mini-series(though it did seem plotted like a regular TV series and ended very open-ended.) so when does the new season air?

5. Mark Silver

Mark Silver Stunt Coordinator

USA announced that it ordered 13 more episodes for next summer. While I liked the first couple of episodes, I don't think this show has much of a chance. Without giving any spoilers,the idea of the mini-series was cool, but they were obviously writing with the hopes of getting picked up as a series. I hated that. There was no ending and this show now looks like it could be a bad X-Files knockoff.

6. Chet_F

Chet_F Supporting Actor

"I don't think this show has much of a chance."

Originally reported in the Hollywood Reporter:

"USA Network has ordered a second season of The 4400, the record holder for the highest-rated series debut in basic cable history. Paramount Television will produce 13 episodes. Production will begin in February in Vancouver in anticipation of a June launch. 4400 became a surprise hit for USA in July, premiering to 7.4 million total viewers, eclipsing previous record holder The Dead Zone by 1 million (HR 7/14). The six-hour series, which starred Joel Gretsch and Peter Coyote, chronicled UFO abductees who returned to Earth with mysterious powers. Visit HollywoodReporter.com for more ... "

Most of the audience was in the 19-4? age bracket which is the most desired audience for advertisers. So, from the $$ alone, I'd say this series is going to be quite successful.

7. David_Blackwell

David_Blackwell Screenwriter

8. Kevin Grey

Kevin Grey Cinematographer

Anyone know what's up with the spotty availability of this set? I wanted to pick it up so I could catch up and start watching Season Two but every online retailer I've checked shows it being back-ordered. Seems rather strange for a six month old DVD. With Season Two having just premiered you would think USA would want to keep the previous season DVD product in circulation.