What's new

The 4400 Season 1 will be released 12-21 - I can't wait!! (1 Viewer)

Chet_F

Supporting Actor
Unfortunately I was only able to watch the pilot episode due to it's weekly time slot(I always seemed to miss it). But good news - the DVD will be released 12-21-04 on a 2 disk set. A total of 5 episodes, the first being 2 hours long. It will be 16:9 also which is great. I definately can't wait for it's release so I can catch up. And I'm extremely glad they announced more episodes as it was simply an amazing show from what I saw.

Chet_F

Joshua Lane

Second Unit
I'm looking forward to the release as well. I never got to watch any of the episodes when they aired, but have heard great things about the series. This will be a blind buy for me, but I'm expecting it will be worth it.

BrianW

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brian
I enjoyed the series when it aired, but I didn't expect it to be so short. I thought the writing and acting were top-notch for a TV show, though the "police stuff" was occasionally too unrealistically dramatic to keep me in the moment. But then, what televised (particularly fictional) "police stuff" isn't? It's a good story told in a compelling way. Enjoy! Here's hoping that others who post in this thread remember not to spoil the story.

Eddy-C

Supporting Actor
Theres going to be more episodes? I didn't know that, I thought it was a mini-series(though it did seem plotted like a regular TV series and ended very open-ended.) so when does the new season air?

Mark Silver

Stunt Coordinator
USA announced that it ordered 13 more episodes for next summer. While I liked the first couple of episodes, I don't think this show has much of a chance. Without giving any spoilers,the idea of the mini-series was cool, but they were obviously writing with the hopes of getting picked up as a series. I hated that. There was no ending and this show now looks like it could be a bad X-Files knockoff.

Chet_F

Supporting Actor
"I don't think this show has much of a chance."

Originally reported in the Hollywood Reporter:

"USA Network has ordered a second season of The 4400, the record holder for the highest-rated series debut in basic cable history. Paramount Television will produce 13 episodes. Production will begin in February in Vancouver in anticipation of a June launch. 4400 became a surprise hit for USA in July, premiering to 7.4 million total viewers, eclipsing previous record holder The Dead Zone by 1 million (HR 7/14). The six-hour series, which starred Joel Gretsch and Peter Coyote, chronicled UFO abductees who returned to Earth with mysterious powers. Visit HollywoodReporter.com for more ... "

Most of the audience was in the 19-4? age bracket which is the most desired audience for advertisers. So, from the $$ alone, I'd say this series is going to be quite successful.

Kevin Grey

Senior HTF Member
Anyone know what's up with the spotty availability of this set? I wanted to pick it up so I could catch up and start watching Season Two but every online retailer I've checked shows it being back-ordered. Seems rather strange for a six month old DVD. With Season Two having just premiered you would think USA would want to keep the previous season DVD product in circulation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eathree
Recent bookmarks