The 400 Blows in theaters!

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Cary T, Jun 10, 2003.

1. Cary T

Cary T Screenwriter

Those of you who are in the NY region have the lucky opportunity of catching Truffaut's The 400 Blows at Cinema Classics theater on lower Manhattan. The showing will start today to Saturday. On Sunday the 15th, it starts the showing of Jules and Jim.

Also for John Hughes fans, Pretty In Pink and Sixteen Candles are showing at the Makor theater on upper Manhattan. I think it's a one day event only on Sunday the 15th.

2. Peter Apruzzese

Peter Apruzzese Producer

Peter Apruzzese
    I'm not certain that Cinema Classics shows 35mm film, they usually run 16mm or video. Check with them first regarding format and aspect ratio before going.

3. Jesse Skeen

Jesse Skeen Producer

I have a 16mm print of this at home, cropped to 1.33- this was shot in 2.35 and has some weird 'cuts' in the 16mm version.

4. Arman

Arman Screenwriter

"Those of you who are in the NY region have the lucky opportunity of catching Truffaut's The 400 Blows at Cinema Classics theater on lower Manhattan. The showing will start today to Saturday. On Sunday the 15th, it starts the showing of Jules and Jim."

Wow!

BTW, this is also your chance to see cinemaniacs (the stars of Cinemania, a documentary about the culture of intense cinephilia in New York City reveals the impassioned world of five obsessed movie buffs) Roberta [​IMG], Jack, Bill, Eric & Harvey. [​IMG]

5. Peter Apruzzese

Peter Apruzzese Producer

Peter Apruzzese
    Just received word from CC that they are running in 16mm only. [​IMG]