The 2012 American Idol #11 HTF RAF MEMORIAL TOP TEN CHALLENGE

Patrick Sun

Studio Mogul
Reaction score
4 of us have 2 of the top 3 picked. And Carl has the top 3 picked. I guess there weren't too many surprises this year. Mine was Colton's early exit, Joshua's continued presence (thought he was a one-trick pony with that growling tone of his, and still not a fan), and Hollie's improvement in confidence throughout the season.

Aaron Silverman

Executive Producer
Reaction score
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
Well, Phil, that'll teach you to pay attention during Hollywood Week! :P
I don't think I heard Joshua sing one note prior to the top 13. I'm sure I would've ranked him higher. Not that it would've helped!

Aaron Silverman

Executive Producer
Reaction score
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
Yee-Ming said:
Sorry Phil, between the two of you I think Aaron's going to 'suck more'.  Even if Joshua goes next week he gets hit for 6
I must give props to Jermaine Jones for getting himself arrested; without that glitch, I wouldn't score anything for Joshua! :D

Jeffery_H

Supporting Actor
Reaction score
Posting here for those that don't read the other thread because I am really ticked off.
I can't believe that Joshua did not make it to win it all! This makes the second time I have picked a Gospel singer to win on Idol, the last was Jacob Lusk. The other two, Jessica and Phillip I really could've cared less about. While each are good in their own right, I certainly don't feel they were better in any way than Joshua who is vocally far superior to each. Jessica can hold her own, but she just seems too much of a studio creation already and sort of stiff in what she can do. If they thought Hollie was that way, then I just don't see Jessica being that much better than her.
Also, I believe another reason Joshua didn't go far is because he is very open about his religion and Christian as a gospel singer. They showed his family, church, etc. and I think the secular-progressives vote more perhaps on this show. That combined with the fact Phillip is getting all the little girls and some older girls to vote for him just based on his looks much like Scotty did. No matter what though, I think Joshua will have the best career and record sells after Idol when all this is over, like others have in the past.
I'm done with Idol though, don't care who wins now.
Congrats to this year's winner though. Doubt I will join next year due to how poor Idol has become.

Yee-Ming

Producer
Reaction score
Real Name
Yee Ming Lim
This week's results:-

Jeffrey_H 14

Yee Ming 15

Carl Miller 15

Tony D 17

NolanJ 19

Patrick Sun 26

Phil Taylor 28

Aaron Silverman 31

Carl scores his third spot-on of the season, well done!

Jeffrey currently heads the leaderboard, but having placed the 2 finalists at #5 & #6, will take big hits of at least 4x2 next week and drop out of the running in our contest. Tony has Phillip at #6, which means a 4-pt hit if Phillip is the runner-up and Jessica wins, for a score of 21. Nolan has Jessica at #3, so his best-case is if she finishes as runner-up, so he'd score a further one point to finish on 20.

!!

So our contest boils down to your truly v. Carl: Carl has Jessica as the winner, I have Phillip. Basically, whoever gets that right, wins the HTF challenge. Since Carl also has Phillip at #2, if he's correct, he scores 0 next week to finish on 15 while I'll go to 18; conversely if I get it right with a Phillip victory, I score 1 more on Jessica (my #3) for a final score of 16, but Carl gets two points for getting the top two in the opposite order to finish on 17.

Adam's sorted out a prize, will post details shortly once I get them from him.

BTW Aaron, you will score 4 more regardless of what happens next week, for a final score of 35. Phil will score 3 more, for a final score of 31, so this season's wooden spoon goes to you Aaron -- sorry!

Aaron Silverman

Executive Producer
Reaction score
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
Woohoo! Anyone remember the all-time record?

Carl Miller

Screenwriter
Reaction score
So it's down to Yee Ming and me and I can only win if Phillip loses? That ain't gonna happen. Done in by a Dave Matthews wannabe. Go figure.

Aaron Silverman

Executive Producer
Reaction score
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
Dang!

Yee-Ming

Producer
Reaction score
Real Name
Yee Ming Lim
Final results of the season:-

Yee Ming 16

Carl Miller 17

NolanJ 20

Jeffrey_H 22

Tony D 23

Patrick Sun 27

Phil Taylor 31

Aaron Silverman 35

Special mentions to Carl and Jeffrey, who got three spot-on results each in their predictions, but were undone by placing Hollie and Philip (respectively) 5 points off the mark. In contrast my biggest "hit" was 4 points on Shannon.

The prize is winner's selection of six titles out of the existing HTF Oscar Chat prize list, to be finalised shortly by Adam.

It was fun organising this, though a shame participation was down to only eight this year; if there's still interest next year I'll organise this again. Thanks to all who participated!

Adam Gregorich

Owner
Owner
Reaction score
Real Name
Adam
Yee-
Thanks for organizing and running it this year, we really appreciate it. Congratulations on the win and better luck next year to all runner ups. .I'll link up with you as soon as I get the list updated tonight to get your titles.

Phil Taylor

Supporting Actor
Reaction score
Congrats to Yee for winning and thanks for running the contest. Also a big dammit to Aaron for taking the suckage position from me.... :D

Aaron Silverman

Executive Producer
Reaction score
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
Yay, Yee!
Don't feel bad, Phil. . .it's not like either of us were going to break the record (yet!). ;)

Carl Miller

Screenwriter
Reaction score
Thanks for organizing this Yee, and congrats on the win!

Yee-Ming

Producer
Reaction score
Real Name
Yee Ming Lim
Thank you all {takes bow}! As before it was fun organising, and I hardly expected to win given my past sucky efforts. But I finally realised that the point is not who YOU want to win, but who do you think America wants to win. Once I finally got my head around that principle, it sort of fell into place.
Since "suckage" seems a popular theme, if next year's participation is a little thin in terms of number of contestants, I figure we can run two challenges, one list the usual way, the other to try and get max points... :D I suspect it isn't simply a matter of submitting your main list in reverse order, since we have the wrinkle of only listing 10 of the top 12. Something to mull over during summer?

NolanJ

Second Unit
Reaction score
you are a deserving champion!
Not sure if AI interest will warrant another contest next season, but thanks for organizing and I'm sure you would have made RAF proud! :)

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zambrota