What's new

The 2009 American Idol (#8) HTF TOP 10 CHALLENGE: Congratulations winner Larry*P !! (1 Viewer)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Good thing I'm not eligible for prizes as my top pick goes down in the first week as America rejects Jorge (and Jasmine). Jorge still has one of the better voices amongst the guys, too bad his popularity wasn't high enough to squeak by another week.

RAF

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
I agree with you, John, about the "Judge's Reprieve" (or whatever they call it) not being used until much later in the competition. Obviously it's there to "save" a Chris Daughtry type from a fickle voting public (although with the rule not being applicable once we reach the "Final Five" that wouldn't have helped Chris since, IIRC, he was voted off after that point). In any event, this new rule can't be used too late in the competition if at all. Its main purpose, in my opinion, is to make the formerly awkward final performance of an ousted contestant a bit more meaningful (at least to the contestant who thinks that he/she can save themselves). Come to think of it, watching Tatiana try to perform/grovel in such a circumstance would have been worth the price of admission in and of itself!

:D

The new rule is a new wrinkle that attempts to keep the competition fresh in some regard. From our contest's standpoint, all it's going to do is to increase the possibility of another double-elimination round with fractional scoring (like this week's 12.5). And that's why I love the decimal point.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman

I thought it was pretty funny how they kept mentioning people who wouldn't have been eligible for the reprieve. Did they expect that nobody would notice?

Bryan Toth

Stunt Coordinator
Oh well ... at least my top 5 is still intact....
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

RAF

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Not to mention the fact that Patrick Sun would be in sole possession of the dubious "last place" option if this had been a single elimination week. His top pick (Jorge) bit the dust during the first vote off! Doesn't bode well for us "non-eligible" folks.

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member

Just saw this--my list is in whichever order helps me score less points :P

But yep, I have Danny as the winner.

SuzanneB

Stunt Coordinator

Thanks! "Young lady" works for me as I'm just coming up on the ripe old age of 30 this year.
Or is it 29 again?

This was a somewhat shocking and drastic change from my dramatic first round showing in the Survivor challenge, haha. Still plenty of rounds to go, though! Good luck to everyone!

RAF

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
30 :confused: :confused: :confused: (almost)

I have socks older than that! :laugh: :laugh: (And I'm probably wearing them as I type!)

(rimshot!)

htf_images_smilies_drum.gif

None of the "decade changes" have disturbed me up until this point. Maybe in a couple of years "70" will hit me differently. Most people with a "7" as the first number have retired (although the economy is changing some of that).

Seriously, you are only as old as you feel. I was in a store the other day talking about the Grand Theft Auto expansion pack with someone and when they realized that I knew what I was talking about they commented, "You are the oldest dude I've ever talked to who actually understands this stuff!"

The lad made my day!

In classic Ryan Seacrest mode.......

(Peter) "Pan out!"

Good luck in the coming weeks.

RAF

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Wow! A surprising exit and a lot of people lost a very high pick. SuzanneB continues to lead with a very powerful (for now) score of 02.0. Nobody else is under 10 points at this juncture. Only Jeff Standley and Brian Toth had the foresight to not include tonight's evictee on their lists and SuzzanneB had this person in ninth for very little damage.

David*P

Supporting Actor
Real Name
David
Way to go, Suzanne!

I'm pretty pleased with being tied for fifth (or fourth)...I was stoked thinking Allison was going to go though as she was my choice for 10th...

This is an awesome game! Can't wait for next week!

John Swarce

Second Unit
Great job, Suzanne! I know how you feel...I had zero points going into the Top 10 last year. Hope the rest of your picks pan out!

--John

RAF

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
No major surprises tonight as the evictee was not on too many players' lists. SuzanneB continues to lead with a score of 07.0 points as the race tightens a bit.

RAF

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Nothing really unexpected tonight. SuzanneB continues to lead with an impressive total of 7.0. And if she runs the table she has an outside shot of beating the remarkable record of 9.0 set by Dheiner (The "Dheiner Nine").

I'm currently hanging on in second but that's a moot point since I'm not eligible for the prize, only the glory.

SuzanneB

Stunt Coordinator

Wow, I'm honored to even be mentioned in the same sentence as Dheiner.
I'm afraid there are too many weeks left for me to keep this up for long, though! haha

Nice job hanging there in second, Robert! Hey, if it weren't for the glory, would any of us be here? ;)

RAF

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
SuzanneB continues to lead with a total of 11.0 points so the "Dheiner Line of 9" is safe for another season. And there is now a five way tie for second place at 14.5 points (although only three of those members are eligible for the DVD prize package.) The race is tightening up substantially as eight (!) members correctly predicted the exiting position of tonight's singer. With seven performers still in the mix and six more eliminations to take place it's still a wide open Challenge.

As always, full details at the bottom of the firstr message in this thread. Stay tuned....

John Swarce

Second Unit
Well, I'm just happy to be out of last place! Thanks, Phil-W!

Looks like those that picked Adam to win it all won't be disappointed. Last week's rendition of "Mad World" was terrific, I thought, and he looks to be sailing into the Finals.

--John

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks