What's new

The 2009 American Idol (#8) HTF TOP 10 CHALLENGE: Congratulations winner Larry*P !! (1 Viewer)

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
snf;v dk krf., fffsdff ; erg sfgmnj!!!!

** NOTHING SUBMITTED BY DEADLINE **

RAF

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member

Thanks for the most generous offer John (which wasn't necessary but will be appreciated by the others who are "also eligibles.") Your request will be honored.

As of this writing we have 22 people who have indicated that they wish to participate and we are still about 1.5 months from the entry deadline on March 10th! It's looking to be shaping up as another great competition. As a friendly reminder to those who submitted placeholders - please try to remember to submit entries before the deadline (check back for any changes). Each year we get a few placeholders who forget the deadline and then later realize that they've missed the boat. You've got to be in it to win it, but you also have to remember to be in it!

:D

We'll be reminding people when the deadline grows near and, of course, I expect more entries as additional members discover or re-discover this competition.

Take care.

Quentin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Quentin H
01. Alexis
02. Danny
03. Adam
04. Lil
05. Matt
06. Jorge
07. Anoop
08. Megan
09. Jasmine
10. Scott

**SUBMITTED**

(Note: The **SUBMITTED** tag in green is my way of knowing that I entered your values on my spreadsheet. Please don't add this tag yourselves. Thank you.) -RAF

David*P

Supporting Actor
Real Name
David
01. Adam
02. Lil
03. Michael
04. Danny
05. Alexis
06. Megan
07. Jorge
08. Scott
09. Anoop
10. Allison

**SUBMITTED**

Gwon Chang

Stunt Coordinator
01. Alexis
02. Lil
03. Adam
04. Danny
05. Megan
06. Anoop
07. Allison
08. Kris
09. Jorge
10. Jasmine

**SUBMITTED**

Chris James

Stunt Coordinator
1. Alexis
2. Megan
3. Adam
4. Anoop
5. Lil
6. Danny
7. Matt
8. Scott
9. Jasmine
10. Jorge

**SUBMITTED**

Phil Taylor

Supporting Actor
Place held ;)

Don't guess I could suck any worse than last year. :D

OK - here goes a bit early hoping my list is so damn good that it's the first of many in just like mine so I get first-in.

01. Lil
02. Adam
03. Danny
04. Anoop
05. Alexis
06. Jasmine
07. Megan
08. Scott
09. Michael
10. Jorge

**SUBMITTED**

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
This list is Lucy's. (I know, I should get her to get her own account here.
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif
)

01. Lil
02. Adam
03. Jorge
04. Alexis
05. Scott
06. Allison
07. Megan
08. Anoop
09. Danny
10. Kris

**SUBMITTED**

Jeff_Standley

Supporting Actor
01. Lil
02. Danny
03. Matt
04. Adam
05. Megan
06. Jasmine
07. Anoop
08. Jorge
09. Michael
10. Allison

**SUBMITTED**

Lil is an obvious one for me, I don't think Adam is as good as I've placed him but I think girls will love him, and I would love to put Megan higher but I think her style will hold her back from the range of songs they have to sing.
Good luck all. :D

NolanJ

Second Unit
01. Lil
02. Scott
03. Adam
04. Danny
05. Alexis
06. Megan
07. Jasmine
08. Michael
09. Matt
10. Anoop

**SUBMITTED**

Larry*P

Agent
01. Alexis
02. Danny
03. Adam
04. Lil
05. Allison
06. Matt
07. Megan
08. Scott
09. Anoop
10. Jasmine

**SUBMITTED**

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Obviously my first pick to win is a pipe dream, but I'm rooting for him anyway:

01. Jorge Nunez
02. Danny Gokey
03. Allison Iraheta
04. Adam Lambert
05. Lil Rounds
06. Anoop Desai
07. Alexis Grace
08. Scott MacIntyre
09. Matt Giraud
10. Megan Joy Corkrey

**SUBMITTED**

RAF

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
O.K. Entries are now closed and we have 24 participants (a new high!). I will be updating all statistics each week at the bottom of the first message in this thread. As usual, there is also a link to an Excel spreadsheet which will allow you to see what your fellow contestants have picked.

And this year I have added an "HTF Consensus" list which was calculated by adding up all the positions of the contestants submitted in the top ten lists. If you picked a person to win then he/she gets a "1", for second a "2" and so forth. For anyone not making your top ten list I've assigned a value of "12" for all such contestants (the average of 11, 12 and 13) to weigh the scores as best as possible in such cases.

For those interested here are the HTF Consensus picks (and their total positioning scores)

01. Danny (68)
02. Lil (80)
03. Adam (95)
04. Alexis (126)
05. Anoop (171)
06. Scott (175)
07. Jorge (189)
08. Allison (190)
09. Megan (194)
10. Jasmine (218)
11. Matt (229)
12. Michael (257)
13. Kris (275)

If I were giving a morning line on the favorite based on these statistics it might be Yee-Ming because he has the top five consensus picks in almost exact order but we all know how statistics don't account for the intangibles! Several others have a number of picks close to the consensus but you never know. That's why they run the races.

Enjoy!

Yee-Ming

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Yee Ming Lim
Well, last year I got off to a great start with all of my top 10 picks actually making it into the top 12, but things went downhill real fast after that...

I'd say the only thing this means is that I've predicted what the consensus is. Whether the consensus comes to pass or not is an entirely different matter. Let the games begin!

RAF

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member

Absolutely. And with a relatively low sample size the consensus is a bit of a self-fulfilling prophesy. If I was handicapping it merely on the consensus numbers becoming reality then you are slated for First with a most impressive score of 11, Elizabeth S is close behind in second with a score of 13 and Aaron Silverman will finish third with a score of 17. I would be in fourth place (19) so that shows you how little consensus prognostication means!

:laugh: :laugh:

Anyway, should be a good one! Too bad seven members missed the boat. Maybe next year.

BTW, if we don't get any clear indication as to who is voted off first on Wednesday (we probably won't unless there's a new wrinkle) then each of the two voted off will be given a "rating" of 12.5 (the average of a 12th and a 13th place finish) for scoring purposes.

RAF

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Not a good week for the "J's" - Jasmine, Jorge and probably (Michael) Jackson. But a great week for our leader and the only one still standing with a "perfect" score of 00.0 - SuzanneB!

Congratulations young lady! (I can say "young lady" with a certain degree of confidence because at age 66 I'm looking down - or is that up? - at most members here, chronologically speaking.)
:D

Full details at the end of the first message in this thread. The craziness continues next week....

John Swarce

Second Unit
What a difference a year makes! Last year at this point, I had zero points, this year....I've got the most! :laugh: Good thing I chose not to compete this year! Oh, wait a minute, that makes no sense...:P .

I thought Jasmine and Jorge would have more staying power with a larger fan base. Looks like the wildcards will be the first to go. And I don't care for the immunity vote by the judges. I'm sure it will be saved for MUCH later!

--John

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks