What's new

The $2000 PC Case. Guy turns G5 into a PC. (1 Viewer)

MikeAlletto

Senior HTF Member
at least he got the neon green glowing...ughh...nothing like spending 3 grand for basically a metal pc case.

NickSo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick So
Anybody gonna email him bout his ungratefulness and idiocy? lol...

What a moron

Im not a mac user, but i would LOVE to get that for Xmas... I sooo wanna play around with GarageBand

Patrick_S

Senior HTF Member
I'm not currently a Mac user but this just makes me want to cry.

How could you take a great unit like that and ruin it?
I wonder if he ever thought that all of the money he spent on the PC stuff could have gone towards software for the Mac.

Aaron_*P

Stunt Coordinator
He killed a dual processor G5, what is wrong with him. I use PCs, but only because you can build them for cheap. If I had money I'd get a one as soon as possible, PCs are great for gaming, but how I would love that for video editing. Premeire crawls on my Athlon XP 2000 w/ only 640 mb ram. If anyone gets an unwanted G5 just send me an email, and I'll take care of it for you, shipping included.

Sick, sick man :frowning:

Brett DiMichele

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brett
I think it's hillarious! I feel sorry for the poor Macofiles
that are upset by the slaying of thier wunder machine G5 :)

I think the kid should stick a 8088 in it with a 540Kb Hard
Disk and a 5.25 Floppie!

:D

Scott L

Senior HTF Member
Someone actually posted that a couple days ago but it was deleted. :frowning: Was that you?

Brett_H

Second Unit
I just read the article and there's an update at the top of the page. Essentially, it was a joke. He got the case from a friend and made his "creation" from that, not from a hacked Mac that his parents got him.

-Brett.

MikeH1

Screenwriter
Real Name
Billy
Scott, no I didn't post it here on HTF. One of the members of wolfgaming posted it and we all had a great laugh. I wonder why it would be deleted?

Diallo B

Screenwriter
quote from the hoaxer:

i personally don't buy the retraction. i think he thought he was going to be cool for doing this and when he got roasted instead he put up a fake retraction. studying the initial pictures closely shows a complete intact g5 that is sitting in the same position as the modded g5 case.

i hope he learned something.

Vince Maskeeper

Senior HTF Member

Try Acid, it's the same thing, only actually useful for real musicians (where as garageband is totally targeted at people who know nothing about music).

-V

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kisanwiki
Recent bookmarks