The 16-46 PCi

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by SanfordL, Apr 11, 2002.

1. SanfordL

SanfordL Stunt Coordinator

W[​IMG]W!!!! Tom and Ron, you guys have hooked me for life. Unbelievable, seamless, smooth, silky, gut-wrenching, house shaking bass. Folks, believe me, this sub can take whatever you can throw at it. I cranked 1812 Overture, it handled the piece with applomb (those cannon bursts go down to around 8 hz I believe and have shreded many a lesser sub, though I imagine some of the signal was cut out, but it felt nice from where we were sitting.) I slapped in Paul's Boutique, Pigface, Bass Mech., anything and everything and the sub begged for more. It can effortlessly reproduce jazz. No harmonic resonances, just clean, deep, accurate bass. Very musical bass, and oh yeah, did I mention? Deep.
    Who knew how much of the Matrix I was missing? I was up until 2:30am :b last night watching movies. We watched Toy Story 2 (our son was still awake, so I had to have something kid friendly) and the intro was amazing. My son gave me the [​IMG] face at the start due to his shock and then he started jumping in his race car(proud father of an 8 month old, please excuse me.) We watched the intro scene 4 times before getting into the movie. Once he fell asleep, I ran, not walked, to grab the stack of DVD's I've had sitting on the entertainment center waiting. We checked out U571 (YIIIKES,) The Matrix (chapter 30,) Predator, Cast Away (crash scene,) Toy Story 2 again :b , Fantom Menace, The Empire Strikes Back....
    Awesome job guys, and to those of you wondering if the bass is worth the wait, you can get one enthusiastic HELL YES!!!! from me. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] I suppose I have to give UPS a break now...

2. John_VI

John_VI Second Unit

I'm a little confused, Sanford. You weren't exactly clear in your post above. Did you like the sub or not? [​IMG]

3. Yohan Pamudji

Yohan Pamudji Second Unit

Sanford,

What sub did you have before, or did you have one? Just trying to get a frame of reference here.

4. SanfordL

SanfordL Stunt Coordinator

Yohan, I had a JBL though I don't even remember the model number. It was a bandpass box with a pair of 10"s at (I think) around 160~180 watts driving it. Very muddy, boomy bass regardless of location in the room. I auditioned M&K's, Mirages, Velodynes but am glad I went the way I did. I even did an in home test with the Velodyne 15" (neighbor let me borrow his) and the M&K 350. And for radically less money, I got an excellent sub. Side by side, I'll take the SVS any day.
    Oh, and John, yeah, I'm still on the fence. [​IMG]