The 15:17 to Paris (2018) (1 Viewer)

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
patch-darragh-in-sully-2016-large-picture.jpg

The air traffic control guy that handled the plane in Sully and later we see him in a room alone at the end where he is told everything is ok, that guy had a terrible acting. He almost looked like a non actor.
I see nothing wrong with his acting as he thought he lost an airliner. With that said, you don't like movie which is fine as I'm sure I don't like certain movies that you have an affinity towards, but, you don't have to justify your film opinion to us. We accept your opinion, but, many of us don't agree with it. To each his own!

Mark Booth

Senior HTF Member
I have a couple of friends that attended a preview screening of The 15:17 to Paris. They hated it. They said it was boring for much of the film and the acting left a lot to be desired. They gave it 1 out of 5 stars. They see a lot of films each month and I think that's the lowest rating I've ever seen them give.

Edit: I see that Brian Orndorf has given it 1 out of 10 stars:

http://www.blu-ray.com/The-15:17-to-Paris/809323/#Review

I rarely agree with Orndorf but 1 out of 10 is pretty damn low. I don't think I'll be bothering with this film.

Mark

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
patch-darragh-in-sully-2016-large-picture.jpg

The air traffic control guy that handled the plane in Sully and later we see him in a room alone at the end where he is told everything is ok, that guy had a terrible acting. He almost looked like a non actor.
I thought he was fine. He had a very small part and played it well.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
The religious aspect wasn't that big a deal in the film to me.
No one was beating anything over anyone's head about it.

The movie though was just sort of ok.
Wasn't great, wasn't awful.

Was just a little movie to tell a story and tribute the guys who stopped the gunman on that train.

I'd say 3/5 stars.

benbess

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben
I have a couple of friends that attended a preview screening of The 15:17 to Paris. They hated it. They said it was boring for much of the film and the acting left a lot to be desired. They gave it 1 out of 5 stars. They see a lot of films each month and I think that's the lowest rating I've ever seen them give.

Edit: I see that Brian Orndorf has given it 1 out of 10 stars:

http://www.blu-ray.com/The-15:17-to-Paris/809323/#Review

I rarely agree with Orndorf but 1 out of 10 is pretty damn low. I don't think I'll be bothering with this film.

Mark

Thanks for the warning.

Yeah, even with MoviePass I think I'm going to skip this one....

disctrip

Supporting Actor
Real Name
hank freitas
The acting was bad. What was Clint thinking. They are no Audie Murphy.

Chris Will

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chris WIlliams
I think we all knew the acting was going to be bad, the trailer showed us that much. I don’t care how accomplished a director your are, you can’t take every day people and turn them into actors. I’ll still use MP if only to see this bad acting.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
When the disc hits the bargain bins I might pick it up just to see the big sequence.

I saw an interview with the three guys the other day. I thought it was interesting that they said they felt no weirdness in re-living the dramatic situation they had found themselves in. They said none of them suffer from any sort of PTSD symptoms from what they went through.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
On Kimmel Clint said that nearly everYone on the train came back to re-enact all of it for the movie.

The big sequence wasn’t all that big.

Lasted maybe a few minutes at most.

I’d recommend a rental from redbox.

Elizabeth S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Elizabeth S
I don't agree with the extremely harsh drubbing the film is getting. It gave me what I expected and I was never bored -- I was very interested in their personalities as boys, their friendship, and the minutiae of their vacation before the incident. The fact they played themselves (as well as others in the cast) just gave the film more weight.

I can't do MoviePass and paid my $8.50 for this and am fine with that. :P

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I don't agree with the extremely harsh drubbing the film is getting. It gave me what I expected and I was never bored -- I was very interested in their personalities as boys, their friendship, and the minutiae of their vacation before the incident. The fact they played themselves (as well as others in the cast) just gave the film more weight.

I can't do MoviePass and paid my $8.50 for this and am fine with that. :P

Well...how about that! :D

SamT

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
I just saw this. I enjoyed it a lot more than what I was expecting but it's still not a good movie. I give it 6/10. There is one huge advantage to have the real people and that was for the end. Not sure if it was worth it to sacrifice the whole movie just for that very last part. Maybe we should have 2 versions. Maybe we should have this and another movie made by real actors and directed by Paul Greengrass.

Acting is a real thing. It's a real profession. It's no joke. You don't give a job to someone who doesn't know how to do it. This movie just shows how bad acting could be disastrous and how it's a real thing. All the sitcom actors in this play like they deserve an Oscar compared to the non-actors.

I also give fault to Clint Eastwood. I have no longer faith in his new movies. His approach is "Less Is More" but in a bad way. In a flat doll way. No dramatization no development, no nothing. Imagine this, you are supposed to endure the first hour of the movie to get to the "exciting" part. That act ended so fast and so under dramatized that the first hour was more exciting.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks