SamT

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Title: The 15:17 to Paris (2018)

Tagline: In the face of fear ordinary people can do the extraordinary

Genre: Drama, History, Thriller

Director: Clint Eastwood

Cast: Spencer Stone, Alek Skarlatos, Anthony Sadler, Ray Corasani, Jenna Fischer, Judy Greer, Bryce Gheisar, Jaleel White, Tony Hale, P. J. Byrne, Thomas Lennon, Robert Pralgo, Alisa Allapach, Jeanne Goursaud, Ethan Rains, Seth Meriwether, Irene White, Julianne Binard, Alix Bénézech, Camille Razat, Lillian Solange Beaudoin, William Jennings, Paul-Mikél Williams, Matt Thompson, William Walker

Release: 2018-01-16

Runtime: 94

Plot: In August 2015, an ISIS terrorist boarded train #9364 from Brussels to Paris. Armed with an AK-47 and enough ammo to kill more than 500 people, the terrorist might have succeeded except for three American friends who refused to give in to fear. One was a college student, one was a martial arts enthusiast and airman first class in the U.S. Air Force, and the other was a member of the Oregon National Guard, and all three pals proved fearless as they charged and ultimately overpowered the gunman after he emerged from a bathroom armed and ready to kill.

Last edited:

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
This looks good. Given Eastwood's involvement, I'm surprised it is being released in February instead of having an Oscars qualifying run in a couple places this month and then widening later. Of course, Get Out proves that if a movie is good, it can still be recognized come awards time the following season, but Get Out is still the exception, and it's very rare for an early year release like that to maintain momentum throughout the year.

SamT

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
I have great doubts about hiring real people playing themselves. Especially in the lead roles. I think it is always better to hire professional actors. We will see.

SamT

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
But if they can't act it will be a negative taking you out of the movie.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Yes, but Eastwood is a great director. I believe he'll be able to guide them to good performances, and he obviously thinks so too, or he woudn't have cast them. If this was coming from a director who was less accomplished than Eastwood, I might share your concern, but in this case, I think he's going to deliver.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Yes, but Eastwood is a great director. I believe he'll be able to guide them to good performances, and he obviously thinks so too, or he woudn't have cast them. If this was coming from a director who was less accomplished than Eastwood, I might share your concern, but in this case, I think he's going to deliver.
Yeah, I think this movie is more along the lines of cinema verite. The reality that these guys can bring to the movie is worth the risk of using non-actors.

Rodney

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I just saw the trailer for this while watching the playoffs. Had no idea this was coming out. Clint Eastwood has used non-actors before. The one I recall is using Bee Vang as Thao in Gran Torino. That had some rough moments, but I agree with Travis above, I think the realism is worth the risk.
I don't go out to see movies much anymore, but this one just may make the short list for 2018.

SamT

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
I didn't like his last movie, Sully. Hopefully this is better.

SamT

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
They chopped up the event into a dozen of pieces. I really disliked the non-linear editing.

Just tell the main event from start to end, it would have been a lot more powerful. The same problem I had with The Social Networks. They say this is not exciting enough for the kids, lets cut it into million pieces and through them all into a bowl and mix them.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
They chopped up the event into a dozen of pieces. I really disliked the non-linear editing.

Just tell the main event from start to end, it would have been a lot more powerful. The same problem I had with The Social Networks. They say this is not exciting enough for the kids, lets cut it into million pieces and through them all into a bowl and mix them.
To each his own, but I had zero problem with how Eastwood told that story.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
This might sound stupid, but does anyone else keep forgetting that this movie is coming out so soon? I was surprised to find it in the theater listings for this upcoming weekend. I think I've seen the trailer like one time in theaters, and the marketing outside of that has been unusually light for a title from a major director such as Eastwood.

Also, there are no reviews yet, which seems strange.

SamT

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
I'm really not surprised. In Sully, apart from editing, there were some serious bad acting.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert

benbess

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben
I thought Sully was good. In the past, the poor reviews of this would have put me off, but as with some others with MoviePass my threshold has lowered, and I'm seeing more movies that get very mixed reviews. Mostly I enjoy them....

SamT

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
patch-darragh-in-sully-2016-large-picture.jpg

The air traffic control guy that handled the plane in Sully and later we see him in a room alone at the end where he is told everything is ok, that guy had a terrible acting. He almost looked like a non actor.

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks