What's new

The 100 (Season 7) (1 Viewer)

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
That ending felt earned. In some ways, the entire series asked one long question: "Can humanity overcome its savage and tribal nature?" And the series finale provided an answer.

The final scene, in particular, I found incredibly moving. Clarke is not the best of humanity; at times, she represented the absolute worst of humanity. But she could inspire the best in humanity, sacrificed for humanity, and in the end it was nice to see that sacrifice pay a karmic reward. She got out of it what she put into it.

David Weicker

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
I thought it was a very good finale.

Not the greatest of all time, but definitely satisfactory. I really enjoyed it - especially the 'coda' (for lack of a better word).

The rest of this will be in spoilers

I really enjoyed the returnees. Unexpected but nice to see Lexa and Abby again.

The two villain deaths were wonderful - Shepherd in mid-sentence about to explain why he feels love is unnecessary, Sheidheda via BIG CANNON.

The reappearance of Blodreina (but now good) and Wannheda were nice callbacks.

Murphy and Emori transcending together - a 'blissful' departure. Although I didn't see Emori at the end, so I don't know if she really transcended and if she then could come back, having died.

Both Clarke and Raven calling out the 'beings' was nice.

Having Clarke be 'Moses unable to enter the Promised Land' was a terrific way to end (and her acceptance that she had to bear so that others wouldn't).

And the final image overlaid the show's very first image (Clarke drawing on the floor).

It was seven wonderful years, and I will miss this show. Thank goodness for Blu-Ray (fingers crossed for S7).

Your fight is over.
You are Wonkru, or you are the enemy of Wonkru. Choose.
This is how we do better.
In peace, may you leave this shore. In love, may you find the next. Safe passage on your travels, until our final journey to the ground. May we meet again.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Murphy and Emori transcending together - a 'blissful' departure. Although I didn't see Emori at the end, so I don't know if she really transcended and if she then could come back, having died.
Murphy and Emoiri both transcended inside the mindspace; presumably the higher-level beings doing the judging view life as consciousness, so even though Emori's body was dead, as long as her consciousness survived she qualified for transcendence. Presumably, had the Flame not been destroyed, all of the past Commanders would have transcended as well.

Emori was there on the beach with the rest, except for Madi -- who apparently felt Clarke wouldn't have wanted her to come back. She was easy to miss, because she was down by the water and didn't get a close up like the series regulars did. In the screenshot below, she's the one holding the blue rope/fishing line:
The100_S07_003.jpg

My one major complaint with the final season is that Bob Morley's limited availability meant that Bellamy got somewhat shortchanged as a character. The writers did what they could, making his death the inspiration for Octavia to finally put down the sword and bring humanity together. But I still would have rather had him on the beach with the rest of them.

David Weicker

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Listing for The Complete Series DVD has shown up on several US Retailer websites - release date 12/22/20.

Listing for Season 7 Blu-Ray and DVD have shown up on Amazon CA - release date 12/22/20. At this time, not shippable to the US.

All of these have WHV as distributor.

Currently no sign of a US listing for S7 for DVD or Blu-Ray from either Warner Home Video or Warner Archives.

ChristopherG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris
I have the last 4 episodes of this just sitting on my DVR and I am finding it difficult to motivate myself to finish.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks