What's new

That's one big wiener! (1 Viewer)

Jerry Almeida

Second Unit
Real Name
Jerry Almeida
link Sorry, no pictures. :D

So, for those of us who have been fortunate enough to have Chicago Style Hot Dogs and New York Style, ie Nathan's, Grays Papaya. Which do you prefer?

I like Chicago Style Hot Dogs the best, but I'm biased because I'm from Chicago.

LewB

Screenwriter
As a self-styled N.Y. hot dog snob, I prefer Beef hot dogs that are in a casing. These can be Sabrett, Nathans, Boars Head, ...
The casing makes all the difference. A dog that's not in a casing just doesn't compare.
The dog can be boiled or grilled. If boiled, the water must resemble the east river, a la the NYC pushcart dog.

The bun must be fresh and NOT a New England style bun. A New England style bun is a piece of folded white bread. Don't let any one tell you otherwise.

The mustard should be a deli style mustard (I like the Hebrew National stuff right now), Guldens is acceptable while the yellow 'baby-puke' stuff is not.

Toppings:
1 at a time !! I'm eating a hot dog here, not a salad.
Cole slaw (runnier the better), Kraut, sweet relish, onions (the Sabrett pushcart stuff is available in the stores).

I have seen the Chicago style dogs that resemble a chef's salad but have never eaten one. It is out of respect for the city that I will reserve judgement until I eat one.
I flat out reject any dog with 'chili' and cheese.
There you go, my humble opinion on hot dogs. Let the grilling begin !

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation482
Recent bookmarks