THAT time of year-FANTASY FOOTBALL!!!

Discussion in 'After Hours Lounge (Off Topic)' started by Corbin Stirn, Jun 2, 2006.

1. Corbin Stirn

Corbin Stirn Second Unit

Hello......it's time for football[​IMG]!!!! I've set up 2 leagues,1 based on the HTF2 I was in last year, and another as well. HTF II is #10747 and password is laserdisc. The 2nd league is HTF-Back to basics:# is 10882 and password is WSR. Please post in here.....I would like to make one of these a keeper league ofr either last year or this year, but it totally depends on whether anyone is interested in doing it. I know it keeps the interest higher all year and most people will pay attention as it can affect where you draft the next year and/or you can have a good nucleus for next year. Let me know.......

2. Scott L

Scott L Producer

Never got into Fantasy Football but it always sounded like fun.

Can money sometimes be involved? [​IMG]

3. Blu

Blu Screenwriter

Signed up and the Predators are ready to rock!

4. tyler payne

tyler payne Second Unit

Last year was the first year I ever played a Fantasy game. I came in second in my league and had a blast. I was in HTF1 as the 505 Who Deys. I am definitely up for another go this year. I kinda winged the draft last year and did pretty good. Of course this year I will prepare and probably suck, that's how it goes.

I forgot who was in my league last season, but I thought it was a great group of guys. I'll keep an eye out for a draft date.

tyler payne

5. Brad Porter

Brad Porter Screenwriter

Crikey! Last year this thread started on June 18 and that was way too early to start thinking about fantasy football. It's June 1st! It's not even summer yet! You Must Chill! [​IMG]

I don't usually run the HTF II league as an open invite. The previous year's participants are invited back and only when they can't participate is it opened to new players. I think this was the team list last year.

1. Psycho Crushers - Doug R
    2. Seahawks - Corbin Stirn
    3. Baltimore Quakers - Todd Henry
    4. Witch Kings - John Dhein
    5. Built For Last - Marc Bax
    6. Frontal LeBeautomy - David Lawson
    7. Armed Forces - Jon_Are
    8. Happy Fun Ballers - Me
    9. Talking Heads - Justin Lane
    10. Calgary Hitmen - Paul McGowan
    11. Slackers - Mark Dill
    12. Duluth Droogs - Brook K

I planned to keep all my PMs from last year to make this easier to keep track of, but since the database moved they are all blank so I can't be absolutely certain that I've got the correct participant and team name list. Since the website from last year is gone I can't use it to verify either. I think this is correct.

I do know that three guys were good enough to pay off their DVD wager to the champ (me), so they have extra special invites back into the HTF II league.

I guess what I'm saying Corbin is that I'll start of the official HTF II league in the next month or so, but I'm probably going to be too busy to particpate in any extra leagues. For anyone else who was in HTF II, be patient.

Brad

6. Justin Lane

Justin Lane Cinematographer

The Talking Heads have signed up for HTF II again this year. I will hold off joing the "Back to Basics" league until I see what the overall turnout is (i.e. give new managers a chance first). I was also in HTF 1...not sure who is running that league this year.

If we are going to do keepers, I propose it be stated from the get go at the beginning of the year, so players drafted this year are the keepers and not retroactive back to last year's rosters which people forget and didn't maintain with the thought of a keeper league. The proposal of a retroactive keeper league in HTF Fantasy baseball literally killed on of the leagues this year.

J

7. Brandon_T

Brandon_T Screenwriter

I guess I was in HTF I? I don't remember if it was I or II. I was Vaders Crusaders, had a hot start once again, but couldn't pull it off in the end.

8. Dheiner

Dheiner Gazoo

John Dhein
  9. Brad Porter

Brad Porter Screenwriter

I never knew they had archived the Yahoo leagues and created a fantasy profile. It's nice to look back on it and feel good about my fantasy dynasty.

Looking through those leagues allowed me to compile the participation history. For the four years we've been doing this HTF II thing we've had 4 core players that have been involved every year: Me, Justin Lane, John Dhein, and David Lawson.

Ross Williams, Doug R, and Jon_Are have been in it for three years, with Ross missing out on last year's league.

Tim Markley participated for two years but missed out last year. Marc Bax has been in the league for the past two years.

Brook K, Mark Dill, Todd Henry, and Corbin Stirn filled in the open seats last year and did well. Paul McGowan joined at the last minute when we had an opening but didn't support his team throughout the season - Shame, Paul! Shame!

So Corbin, if you want to take over commissioner duties for the league then I would prefer it if you would honor that history and extend invites to Ross and Tim for the open spot (which would be Paul's spot). Tim hasn't posted in a few months but Ross is here all the time. Or you could just let me set up the league and take care of that stuff instead. Then you could rename your league HTF III and let the newbies play in it.

Plus, as you can see we've never had back to back years with the same players, so that pretty much makes keeper leagues impossible to sustain because nobody ever wants to take over the team of someone who quit. I'd love to keep Larry Johnson with my 8th round pick from last year, but I don't think we'd get everyone to agree with that.

Brad

10. Corbin Stirn

Corbin Stirn Second Unit

Just curious what is going on with some people. I sent out email invitations couple weeks to everyone that was in the league last year and also the year before that. Any feedback from people would be appreciated.......

11. David Lawson

David Lawson Screenwriter

David Lawson
    I'm in again. And I'm up for doing the DVD wager again as well. [​IMG]

12. Jerry Almeida

Jerry Almeida Second Unit

Jerry Almeida
    I'm in. I've been playing in HTF I for the last 4, maybe 5 years.

Chicago Carnage!!!

13. Brandon_T

Brandon_T Screenwriter

I'm in for HTF I again, fourth year I think.

14. Michael Warner

Michael Warner Supporting Actor

So if I was in HTF I last year which league should I sign up for? I'm confused.

The mighty Mugwumps have relocated to the West Coast and are now ready to better last year's paltry third place finish.

15. McPaul

McPaul Screenwriter

Paul M
    Already?!

The Calgary Hitmen will be playing in HTF 1 yet again for the umpteenth straight year

is it only Seth and I who have been in every one since we started this?

Wish I coulda joined the baseball one this year but I missed out unfortunately...

16. Mark Dill

Mark Dill Stunt Coordinator

I'm confused about which league to join? I was in HTF2 last year - did pretty well too, I think. So is the one I have been invited to by Corbin going to be the official HTF2 league? I guess I'll just join it and see what's what.

17. Mark Dill

Mark Dill Stunt Coordinator

Oh and Brad, did you get the Desperado DVD that I sent last year? Hope you enjoyed Salma. [​IMG]

18. Brad Porter

Brad Porter Screenwriter

I went ahead and signed up. It's 70 freakin' days until the draft, yet I already want to beat the snot out of the team named Johnny Cakes. [​IMG] I hope that name is as funny in three months.

DVD was received and appreciated, Mark. Funny thing was that I also received El Mariachi as a payoff of the wager. It didn't make any sense how that would happen randomly until I figured out that everyone else here on the forum but me is really just one crazy person posting under thousands of aliases. [​IMG]

Happy Fun Ballers is looking to make it 4 wins in five years. Belichick and Parcells can kiss my ass!

Brad

19. NolanJ

NolanJ Second Unit

I'd like to participate. What league should I join... as a newbie?

20. MandyHan

MandyHan Stunt Coordinator

my college football fantasy draft starts at midnight tonight. I am the two time defending champ in a league of 16, but I lost Brad Smith and Reggie Bush, among others to the draft and graduation...its going to be hard to stay good in this keeper league.