What's new

That new Michael Jackson song has got grooving. (1 Viewer)

Darrel McBane

Second Unit
Watched part of the music video on MTV and thought it was too stupid to waste my time on. It looks like the only way Michael can look like a real human is to surround himself with ghouls.
------------------
Enjoy the Toys!

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
It's like a lot of his songs. The first time I hear them they are just ok but after a long while they grow on you. I remember the first time I heard "Billy Jean" I did not like it.
------------------
Link Removed
15354t.jpg

------------------
My Favourite Movie

McPaul

Screenwriter
Real Name
Paul M
I'm not showing support for someone by buying their music. I'm buying something that I'm going to listen to that's going to sound good. I like things that sound good.
------------------
McPaul.
ICQ McPaul 121412168
[email protected]
"Would you like an extra large McPaul to go with that shake?"
McPaul is Canadian.

Howard Williams

Supporting Actor
I saw the video "You rock my world". Although I really liked the part where he smacked that girl on her tight ass, the rest is simply a remake of "Smooth Criminal" and "The way you make me feel". This video style is just played out. More of the same. Artist are suppose to grow, evolve. Do I dare say it, like Madonna. Mike is stuck in the 80's-90's.
You know the really sad part? For many many styles of dancing Michael Jackson can dance better than almost everyone on this planet. If he did a video of himself just doing the dances that everyone is doing tonight, right now in any dance clubs across America or Europe, he would blow almost everyone away and amaze everyone, no matter how wierd he looks. But he won't. For some reason he insist on doing these hokie pyramid formation dance routines. Then he makes them extra long so they qualify as a short film. The setting or premise is usually the same. That is so..........80's-90's !!!. Come on Mike...this is 2001 !!!! Mike can do good work. Scream for example. You say it sucked too? Well it least in was not in the mold of the others. Don't get me wrong, Smooth Criminal is/was excellent. To me, it's much better than Thriller. But why did Thriller rock the world? Because it was different, just like Smooth Crimal was different. Just for the record, the story behind Smooth Criminal and the lyrics are both pretty stupid but the video RAWKZ !!!

NathanP

Supporting Actor
I can't stand that sicko!
It's kinda annoying how he takes those "breaths" between sentences in the song and he's always touching his gonads!
Comeone, do that in private!
He was GREAT when he was a kid, but.. I don't really like him.

Jerome Grate

Senior HTF Member
Well I did a post in reference to how well his cd sounds in logic 7 here the post
------------------
ONCE, I CONSIDERED SPARING YOUR RETCHED LITTLE PLANET CYBERTRON, NOW.., YOU SHALL WITNESS IT'S
DISMEMBERMENT...
Link Removed
[Edited last by Jerome Grate on October 27, 2001 at 10:54 PM]

Ryan Wright

Screenwriter
I don't care how "weird" he is. Michael Jackson still kicks ass.
As for the pedophile comments... come on. He was never convicted of anything, and had only one - ONE - accusation made against him. That doesn't mean a damn thing. Anyone can accuse anyone of anything, and I don't blame Michael for settling with those people. A long trial is bad publicity whether you win or lose and would have cost him more money.
I wish him the best in everything he does.

Mark Dubbelboer

Screenwriter
I agree with Ryan.
and Michael Jackson kicks ass and that's all that matters.
I will definitely be picking up his new cd

Drew Bethel

Screenwriter
We all know that MJ is a little weird...who gives a damn how many plastic surgeries he has had? If he creates a crap record, I won't buy it. If he puts out something I can groove to, you damn right I'm buying it!
Further, actually I think it IS pretty much in vogue to do the group dancing thing...just check out J-lo, Janet, Missy, and a host of other young and upcoming artists. I believe that Michael started tis trend to great effect still. And as far as dance moves...the only past/present entertainer that can even approach MJ is probably MC hammer. And of course, the one who started this shit himself...the king of soul...James Brown!

JakeR

Stunt Coordinator
I agree with the poster who said that YRMW grows on you...it was a little funky when I first heard it, but now I'm digging it. Same with Butterflies, another single that can be heard at www.michaeljackson.com. I intend on buying the album when it's released on Tuesday.
I feel bad for MJ in some ways...he has God-given talent that NO one can duplicate, but his personal problems have frequently overshadowed his accomplishments. He needs to be a little fresher in his video concepts, and it would be great to see him "revert" back to his natural looks, though I'm sure that's likely physically impossible.
Smooth Criminal is probably my favorite music video of all time. I hope MJ can stage an impressive comeback and make the most of his last years as a formidable artist. (Don't see him doing the moonwalk at 50.)
[Edited last by JakeR on October 28, 2001 at 08:48 PM]

Frank_W

Stunt Coordinator
As far as I have been hearing this album is doomed
already. The critics (I know, don't listen to them)
are killing the album already.
My problem is...if he is so talented then why does
he need about 100 different writers to come up
with his songs?
I think I heard that 30 million dollars was poured
into this project. If it fails (like his last
output) then he might as well hang it up.

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
Michael officially terminated any possible rekindling of interest I may have had with his insulting performance at the "United We Stand" show last week. He lip-synched ONE song ("Man In the Mirror"), tossed the American flag to the stage, and that was that! The man clearly feels nothing but contempt for his audience - he's totally out of touch with reality. I used to like the man, but I have no use for him anymore...
------------------
Colin Jacobson
DVD Movie Guide
www.dvdmg.com

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
The man clearly feels nothing but contempt for his audience
with the kind of ridicule and shame that the united states media has layed on him who can blame him.
i'm not defending him one way or the other. i like his songs enough to have his greatest hits, but that's about it. i do think he has talent and is a good performer. it's unfortunate his personal life is under such ruthless scrutiny though...but that's the other side to the coin i guess.
------------------
"The ship of death has a new captain." - nosferatu (1922)

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
with the kind of ridicule and shame that the united states media has layed on him who can blame him.
I can. He shouldn't blame the crowd who wanted to see him for other woes, and the people at this show warmly embraced him. People were psyched to see MJ perform, and he tossed off a crummy lip-synch song in which he disrespected the US flag at a show organized to support patriotic organizations! His performance had nothing to do with media persecution; along with his ego-fest in New York a few weeks back, he's clearly shown he has no contact with reality...
------------------
Colin Jacobson
DVD Movie Guide
www.dvdmg.com

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks