That new Michael Jackson song has got grooving.

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Drew Bethel, Oct 27, 2001.

1. Drew Bethel

Drew Bethel Screenwriter

You rock my world...I think it's going to do well. And Michael still has the dance moves too!

2. Darrel McBane

Darrel McBane Second Unit

Watched part of the music video on MTV and thought it was too stupid to waste my time on. It looks like the only way Michael can look like a real human is to surround himself with ghouls.
    ------------------
    Enjoy the Toys!

3. Neil Joseph

Neil Joseph Lead Actor

Neil Joseph
    It's like a lot of his songs. The first time I hear them they are just ok but after a long while they grow on you. I remember the first time I heard "Billy Jean" I did not like it.
    ------------------
    http://webhome.idirect.com/~orange1[​IMG]
    ------------------
    My Favourite Movie

4. McPaul

McPaul Screenwriter

Paul M
    I'm not showing support for someone by buying their music. I'm buying something that I'm going to listen to that's going to sound good. I like things that sound good.
    ------------------
    McPaul.
    ICQ McPaul 121412168
    [email protected]
    "Would you like an extra large McPaul to go with that shake?"
    McPaul is Canadian.

5. Howard Williams

Howard Williams Supporting Actor

I saw the video "You rock my world". Although I really liked the part where he smacked that girl on her tight ass, the rest is simply a remake of "Smooth Criminal" and "The way you make me feel". This video style is just played out. More of the same. Artist are suppose to grow, evolve. Do I dare say it, like Madonna. Mike is stuck in the 80's-90's.
    You know the really sad part? For many many styles of dancing Michael Jackson can dance better than almost everyone on this planet. If he did a video of himself just doing the dances that everyone is doing tonight, right now in any dance clubs across America or Europe, he would blow almost everyone away and amaze everyone, no matter how wierd he looks. But he won't. For some reason he insist on doing these hokie pyramid formation dance routines. Then he makes them extra long so they qualify as a short film. The setting or premise is usually the same. That is so..........80's-90's !!!. Come on Mike...this is 2001 !!!! Mike can do good work. Scream for example. You say it sucked too? Well it least in was not in the mold of the others. Don't get me wrong, Smooth Criminal is/was excellent. To me, it's much better than Thriller. But why did Thriller rock the world? Because it was different, just like Smooth Crimal was different. Just for the record, the story behind Smooth Criminal and the lyrics are both pretty stupid but the video RAWKZ !!!

6. NathanP

NathanP Supporting Actor

I can't stand that sicko!
    It's kinda annoying how he takes those "breaths" between sentences in the song and he's always touching his gonads!
    Comeone, do that in private!
    He was GREAT when he was a kid, but.. I don't really like him.

7. Jerome Grate

Jerome Grate Cinematographer

Well I did a post in reference to how well his cd sounds in logic 7 here the post
    ------------------
    ONCE, I CONSIDERED SPARING YOUR RETCHED LITTLE PLANET CYBERTRON, NOW.., YOU SHALL WITNESS IT'S
    DISMEMBERMENT...
    MY HT PIXS
    [Edited last by Jerome Grate on October 27, 2001 at 10:54 PM]

8. Ryan Wright

Ryan Wright Screenwriter

I don't care how "weird" he is. Michael Jackson still kicks ass.
    As for the pedophile comments... come on. He was never convicted of anything, and had only one - ONE - accusation made against him. That doesn't mean a damn thing. Anyone can accuse anyone of anything, and I don't blame Michael for settling with those people. A long trial is bad publicity whether you win or lose and would have cost him more money.
    I wish him the best in everything he does.

9. Mark Dubbelboer

Mark Dubbelboer Screenwriter

I agree with Ryan.
    and Michael Jackson kicks ass and that's all that matters.
    I will definitely be picking up his new cd

10. Drew Bethel

Drew Bethel Screenwriter

We all know that MJ is a little weird...who gives a damn how many plastic surgeries he has had? If he creates a crap record, I won't buy it. If he puts out something I can groove to, you damn right I'm buying it!
    Further, actually I think it IS pretty much in vogue to do the group dancing thing...just check out J-lo, Janet, Missy, and a host of other young and upcoming artists. I believe that Michael started tis trend to great effect still. And as far as dance moves...the only past/present entertainer that can even approach MJ is probably MC hammer. And of course, the one who started this shit himself...the king of soul...James Brown!

11. JakeR

JakeR Stunt Coordinator

I agree with the poster who said that YRMW grows on you...it was a little funky when I first heard it, but now I'm digging it. Same with Butterflies, another single that can be heard at www.michaeljackson.com. I intend on buying the album when it's released on Tuesday.
    I feel bad for MJ in some ways...he has God-given talent that NO one can duplicate, but his personal problems have frequently overshadowed his accomplishments. He needs to be a little fresher in his video concepts, and it would be great to see him "revert" back to his natural looks, though I'm sure that's likely physically impossible.
    Smooth Criminal is probably my favorite music video of all time. I hope MJ can stage an impressive comeback and make the most of his last years as a formidable artist. (Don't see him doing the moonwalk at 50.)
    [Edited last by JakeR on October 28, 2001 at 08:48 PM]

12. Frank_W

Frank_W Stunt Coordinator

As far as I have been hearing this album is doomed
    already. The critics (I know, don't listen to them)
    are killing the album already.
    My problem is...if he is so talented then why does
    he need about 100 different writers to come up
    with his songs?
    I think I heard that 30 million dollars was poured
    into this project. If it fails (like his last
    output) then he might as well hang it up.

13. Colin Jacobson

Colin Jacobson Producer

Michael officially terminated any possible rekindling of interest I may have had with his insulting performance at the "United We Stand" show last week. He lip-synched ONE song ("Man In the Mirror"), tossed the American flag to the stage, and that was that! The man clearly feels nothing but contempt for his audience - he's totally out of touch with reality. I used to like the man, but I have no use for him anymore...
    ------------------
    Colin Jacobson
    DVD Movie Guide
    www.dvdmg.com

14. Ted Lee

Ted Lee Lead Actor

15. Colin Jacobson

Colin Jacobson Producer