What's new

That is IT!!! If no Outlaw 950 by 2/15/02 then... (1 Viewer)

J

John Morris

Merc, I was wondering why we hadn't heard more of the "anyone that doesn't like being strung out by the Outlaws are nothing more than a bunch of whining panty wastes". Normalcy has returned and now I know what to expect on every 5th post.
LarryB: "panty wastes"? Hey, I kinda like the sound of that. Hmmm, maybe 5 posts from now I'll get a chance to use it. From now on in this thread, just call me Zeppo, or maybe Gummo is more appropriate.:D

W

Will

Finally, we've been speculating about the 950 for some time now. Most of us have been waiting for the Outlaw 950 since mid 2001. Some folks actually thought the unit would be available up to two years ago(?). Soon, the wait will be over and we can actually talk about the performance of the unit itself, and not about the PR, or estimated delivery dates, or sited 950 clones. Soon, we can talk about how the unit sounds. Soon, our patience will pay off. I just can't wait!
As one who really has been looking into the Outlaw pre/pro for 2 years, and is now complaining about the wait, I should say that I became a delay whiner less than nine months ago. Before then you didn't hear much whining from me about the Outlaw, or anything too negative. I was probably as positive about the Outlaws then as well, the Outlaw dittoheads :) on this thread are about them, today.

W

Will

I too have been reading about proposed Outlaw preamps for a few years now, but the earliest I expected Outlaw to have one available was around the May-June, 2001, time period. I was so sure that the 950 would be available in September, I sold my interim unit. Still, anyone who has spent years reading industry press releases and manufacturer's newsletters don't get excited about an announced new product till it is in their rack. Well, make that not TOO excited. I guess we'll find out soon enough.

John: If by June 2002, the Outlaws don't have a viable pre/pro, despite our STRONG hopes to the contrary, then you'll maybe have a little more frustration than you are feeling today. I know you sold your interim unit in September. But now it's only February. You're still fine. You're not upset with the Outlaws. But wait about four more months. If at that time, you are still in the same boat, and if there's no viable cost-appropriate pre/pro from any other vendor either, you might find yourself drawn over, to the whine side.

JaleelK

Second Unit
As one who really has been looking into the Outlaw pre/pro for 2 years, and is now complaining about the wait, I should say that I became a delay whiner less than nine months ago. Before then you didn't hear much whining from me about the Outlaw, or anything too negative. I was probably as positive about the Outlaws then as well, the Outlaw dittoheads on this thread are about them, today.>>>

Why don't just go for the B&K Ref 30? If DTS-ES is something you want, they will be offering an upgrade soon. I don't understand why a unit not having DTS-ES is a deal deal breaker, there are only about 10 movies that feature DTS-ES discrete.

Steven Simon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steven Simon
JaleelK,

Why don't just go for the B&K Ref 30? If DTS-ES is something you want, they will be offering an upgrade soon. I don't understand why a unit not having DTS-ES is a deal deal breaker, there are only about 10 movies that feature DTS-ES discrete.
The B&K sells for at least twice the price. People are looking save some coin here with the 950....

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks