That Discount DVD site...

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by ChadKo, Jun 5, 2006.

1. ChadKo

ChadKo Stunt Coordinator

What was the name of that really cheap discount dvd site that keeps getting mentioned here?
    Chad

2. Andy_Bu

Andy_Bu Supporting Actor

3. ScottLloyd

ScottLloyd Stunt Coordinator

That is correct. The last few years they've had a sale around June/July and everything is 20 percent off.

I have a list of things I'm waiting to purchase.

They also have had a sale in November.

4. michael_ks

michael_ks Screenwriter

I'm waiting for that sale as well. I've let several releases stack up in anticipation of the 20% discount DDD typically offers:

Time Tunnel vol. 2
    Rifleman set 5
    Naked City sets 2,3

How long does the sale usually last? I remember receiving an email from them last year (mid-June?) and it seems that it was good for a week. I ask because I'm on vacation from 6/15-26. Guess I'll just have check sometime the week of 6/18.

5. Bob Hug

Bob Hug Screenwriter

Michael, if you have access to a computer during your vacation, just check the bargains section either here at the Home Theater Forum or at the similar DVD Talk forum. Both sites will surely have information, codes, etc. that you need to get a good deal. I'm also in on "Naked City" sets 2&3 (been waiting specifically for this sale to get these since you never see them significantly discounted otherwise), as well as "Cheyenne," season 1 and "The Soupy Sales Collection" and, possibly "Wild Wild West." DDD's 20% off sales always make a major dent in my wallet.

6. michael_ks

michael_ks Screenwriter

Thanks, Bob--yes, I've been checking that 'Coupons & Bargains' page often enough already. I'm quite sure I can access a computer on a cruise ship. Last year I was frustrated by the sale since I had but one title I was holding for purchase. This year, at least the four titles I mentioned and perhaps "Cheyenne" as well. Thank you, by the way for the notice about Hamilton Books--I was unable for some reason to send you a private reply.

7. Joseph DeMartino

Joseph DeMartino Lead Actor

Joseph DeMartino
    You can also get on DDD's mailing list and they'll be happy to let you know when they have a sale running.

Joe