That darn FM antenna.....

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by DavidMich, Apr 14, 2002.

1. DavidMich

DavidMich Stunt Coordinator

I have a Denon 3802, and we all know that it lacks a bit of pulling power for weak FM stations.
    Question(s):
    What kind of antenna can I get that will help out? I was wanting to spend less than $30, and be able to plug it into the little "D-shaped" outlet on the back of the reciever.
    Do most of the FM antennas have this plug on the back?
    If not, what should I do?
    Please help!! The only way I can receive the stations around here is to run the 5' wire (that comes with the reciever) straight up against the wall. The wife will not allow that, for aesthetic reasons.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. Mark Larson

Mark Larson Supporting Actor

3. Allan Jayne

Allan Jayne Cinematographer

Any VHF TV antenna will work well for FM radio.
    Normally, FM antenna connections are rated like TV antenna connections, 300 ohms for the two screw terminals or 75 ohmw for the coax jack. The same rules apply as for TV.
    For the T antenna made out of a few lengths of 300 ohm antenna wire, there is a magic number for the length of each of the side wings, I think (not sure) it is 31 inches. The two side wings are connected in series and the two wires in each wing are shorted together at the far ends.
    Video hints:
    http://members.aol.com/ajaynejr/video.htm

4. Chu Gai

Chu Gai Lead Actor

any chance that your cable company is also providiing FM stations along with the usual complement of stations? Some do and don't even advertise it. If they do a simple splitter will get you going.