that cologne~elevator commercial...

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by EricW, Sep 26, 2002.

1. EricW

EricW Cinematographer

up here in Canada, the Axe Cologne commercial is getting lots of play: this is the commercial where the geek gets into the elevator and gets some Axe on him, then the totally hot (Claire Forlani-like) girl comes in and gets turned on. anyways, the funny thing is i'd seen this very same commercial circulated on the net years ago. was it an american commercial or european? was it even the same cologne or have they just used a different one at the end?

2. Felipe S

Felipe S Stunt Coordinator

Well, according to the Axe website (www.theaxeeffect.com)...
    "Axe is new to North America. But this little black can is known all over the world as more than just a deodorant body spray. "The Axe Effect" is the term for AXE's ability to stimulate sensory arousal in women....."
    So maybe that is an old commercial that played in Europe but since it's now available here, they're just playing the same commercial.
    The other Axe commercial that plays is the one where the guy finds some tribe of hot women and get turned on when he comes (since he's wearing AXE)... so they make him their 'king'. then they get attacked by this weird bad cg monster and the guy uses a bra to throw two stones at the monster and kills it (a la David & Goliath). So the women are really thankful.. blah blah... and get attacked by another monster... so all of them take off their bras and wave em around using them as sling shots... (pretty screwed up if u ask me)

3. EricW

EricW Cinematographer

4. Felipe S

Felipe S Stunt Coordinator

actually I've seen it only once on TV... but at the movie theater they play it pretty much before every movie.