What's new

That '70s Show - Season 5 and beyond? (1 Viewer)

Rhoq

Supporting Actor
I had watched the show during it's first 2 seasons, but due to the hours I worked at the time, I was unable to follow the show from midway through season 3 on.

I was absolutely thrilled when the first season was announced and have been buying each season the day it comes out. It's been a few months since Season 4 was released and was wondering what the future holds for the remaining seasons of this series.

I've heard that the 5th Season was the last "good" run of episodes for the show. The 4th Season, to me, wasn't as solid as the first three (but still a lot of fun) and I expect that Season 5 will probably continue the slow downward spiral.

I hope Fox sees this show through it's 8th (and final) season on DVD. I'm especially looking forward to Seasons 5 & 6 since, I have not seen either. I stumbled upon repeats of Season 7 last Summer of Fox, not knowing that the show was still on. I'm pretty sure I've seen most, if not all of Season 7. I found myself asking why the show was still on the air, as it was really showing it's age (at times, painful to watch - but in a "guilty pleasure" kind of way).

I watched Season 8, first run, this past season and liked it more than last year despite the show losing 2 of it's main characters (Eric & Kelso) and gaining one of the lamest, "filler" characters ever in the form of "Randy". The writing was much stronger in season 8 than it was in the 7th season and the series finale really wrapped the 8 years up nicely. (I've watched it 5 times on DVR, and will probably watch it 1 or 2 more times before I finally delete it).

Anyways, I was just wondering if anyone knows how well That '70s Show is doing, in terms of sales, on DVD and if there is any word on when we can expect to see the Season 5 box set released?

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate

Season 4 came out May 9, so it hasn't quite been a few months. I expect we will see Season 5 sometime in November or so, which has been the pattern for a couple of years now.

I don't think the show really fell off in quality. I think it had great stuff when Eric and Donna got back together and when Hyde and Jackie dated. If it became strained, it was during the 8th season with the addition of too many new characters and was missing two of the main players.

Rhoq

Supporting Actor

You're right. I picked it up on the 9th and was done with it by the 11th. Which is why it seemed like it's been months, rather than weeks.

Greg_M

Screenwriter
I love this show and boughtthe first 4 seasons. One question does any one know how they explained Tim Reid as Hyde's dad?

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate

As Hyde put it, "the attitude, the mistrust of The Man, the 'fro... It all makes sense!"

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
If past releases are any indication, sometime in April or May.

Firebee

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dan

Nice. That's an easy purchase even for someone who isn't a fan of the show and is making a blind buy!
htf_images_smilies_drum.gif

Anthony Hom

Supporting Actor
Funny show, too bad they replaced some of the music and the smiley face bumpers with other bumpers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks