What's new

That 70s Show announced!! (1 Viewer)

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
Actually, I think they start in 1976, because in an early episode (the streaking one) they had President Ford come to town. Ford left office in January 1977 after being defeated by Jimmy Carter in the November 1976 election.

The timeline is really unclear as the series progresses. The characters are not aging in real time. For example, they didn't get out of high school until year 5, I believe. I've also noticed that the topical references from the first season or so are pretty much gone, so I think what's happened is that the producers have frozen the show in a sort of permanent late-70s timeframe. I think they just decided to avoid the 80s thing.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
The show starts in 1976. It is now 1979 on the show. You can tell what year it is by the license plate sticker on the "Created By" screen at the end of the opening credits. BTW, it's still pretty funny in its 7th year.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Most telling about the fact that they haven't reached 1980 yet is that Eric is still going on and on about the first Star Wars film, and hasn't addressed the secret of Luke's surprise parentage that was unveiled in The Empire Strikes Back. You KNOW that this would be on Eric's mind if he had seen that yet. :)

Jim Beaver

Supporting Actor
I wanted to ask this again does anyone if the music has been changed? See my earlier post that's a few posts up.

Sam Davatchi

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
SamD
Maybe I will also mention it here again. This set is defective! Nobody has progressive player here?

Sam Davatchi

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
SamD
Finished the set today. Loved it! The Star Wars episode was hilarious, I couldn't stop laughing. The funniest line was when Ashton Kutcher says "There is no way it's going to be better than Planet of the Apes"! :D

So, when can we expect season 2?

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Sam, can you mention what the defect is supposed to be, or post a link to a thread where you described the defect?

Anthony Hom

Supporting Actor
Has the music changed? Some of it. And so has the smiley faces.

I have watched 2 discs and I think I spotted 2 music subsitutions. First there was "The Lord's Prayer" by sister Janet Mead, switched with some generic music and then on the ski trip, they played "Don't Pull Your Love" by Hamilton Joe Frank and Reynolds. That too, was subbed with some generic rock music.

As for the smilies, I noticed 2 changes. One smiley converts to a disco ball was taken out (in the Disco episode). and the other when Fez thinks he hears satan on a Kiss album, they show a smiley growing horns and turning into a satan like smiley.
It looks like they are substituting all the smileys with those stick-on hippie daisies, just putting ones from other episodes. The show had about 1/2 and 1/2, now its all hippie daisies.
What is my proof? I taped the whole first season and can compare all the changes. The changes do appear in syndication, too.

There is music they had to buy because Kitty was singing it, like "Love will keep us together" by Captain and Tennille or "Bad Blood" by Neil Sedaka. Also in the Todd Rundgren concert, they had to buy that music since the concert trip did mention it was Rundgren they were seeing.

Sam Davatchi

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
SamD
The defect is that when your DVD player is set to progressive scan, the image motion is not smooth. You get little jumps from time to time.

Bingo

Stunt Coordinator
Can anyone post a link to the production order for the first season?

I'd like to watch these again in the order they were intended!

Jim Beaver

Supporting Actor
I don't understand why they didn't use the correct order on these dvds. I thought Casey Werner wanted to put out the best DVD they could which is why they waited so long. It dosen't bother me to the point of not buying it because of the music or the incorrect order I guess I just expected this amazing DVD with no flaws because of the wait.

Anthony Hom

Supporting Actor
I found another song substitution. When the gang was driving in a stolen car, they were changing the radio stations, and when Eric asks Hyde to stop, the song playing was suppposed to be Undun by the Guess Who. Instead it was a generic rock w/o vocals.

So definitely, they are subbing music all over this set.

Rodrick

Second Unit
The only place I know of for production order is go to tvtome.com. They have every single tvshow on this site.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks