What's new

That 70s Show announced!! (1 Viewer)

Matt Butler

Screenwriter
Real Name
Matt Butler
tvshowsondvd and dvdfile have reported that That 70s Show Season 1 for Oct 26 or Nov 2nd. (Im seeing conflicting dates.)

Groovy!
:D

Joshua Lane

Second Unit
Just to clarify, TVShowsOnDVD is reporting that Variety says the date is November 2nd. Variety could very well have the wrong date as Fox still has October 26th listed.

Matt Butler

Screenwriter
Real Name
Matt Butler

Yeah that bugged me after i posted; so I double checked tvshows. Thanks for clarifying that for me so I didnt have to. ;)

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member
I'll probably pick this up. I've seen the show only a few times, but liked what I saw, plus the sales of this show may have an effect on releases of the Cosby Show and Rosanne.

WillG

Senior HTF Member
I wonder if music is going to be replaced. Hasn't some original music been dropped syndication?

Andrew Pezzo

Second Unit
This is good news. I wouldnt call this one of the better sitcoms on TV these days (especially the last season) but its one of my favorites. This show first aired when I was in college which was perfect timing, I could relate to the characters, especially when they are in the "circle". Oh to be back in college...

MichaelGH

Stunt Coordinator
I would disagree that this show 'isn't one of the best on tv these days' I find myself laughing harder at watching this show than just about anything else on tv even after 6 season;)

Needless to say, I'll be picking up each season as it comes out.

Michael

Randy A Salas

Screenwriter
I received this set a few weeks ago, and it has quickly become my wife's and my favorite show. It's the best TV discovery we've made since The Vicar of Dibley.

Three updates/comments:

1) There are no commentaries, no music video and no auditions. The Hello Wisconsin featurette is the main extra.

2) Judging from all of the original music used throughout the episodes, I'm figuring that it's all intact. This probably helps explain the reason for the lack of extras.

3) The episodes are on the DVD in airdate order. Here's a case where watching them in production order makes much more sense, because the story gets out of sync if you watch them in the order on the DVDs. When these aired, Episode 25 (the Star Wars parody--hilarious!) was the final episode of the proper season--even though it was the 20th episode aired--and then several unaired preceding episodes (storywise) were shown during the summer. So if you watch them in order on the DVD, characters who broke up are still talking about their breakup after they got back together and they refer to a prank that they plan to pull off after it's already been done.

Matt Butler

Screenwriter
Real Name
Matt Butler
Randy,
Thanks for the heads up about the airdate/production order. Ill keep my eye on that when I pick mine up.

Jim Beaver

Supporting Actor
I wonder why they didn't do it in correct production order especially if there's stuff you need to follow from episode to episode? I thought with Casey Werner being involved that this would happen. I can't wait for That 70s Show and this dosen't really make a diffrence just something I wonder why they did it?

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
I've been watching this set this week, and I think it's great. Fox did a good job with this one - the packaging is really cool, the video looks crisp and the sound is clear and full. The shows are great. This is one of the best show of the last 15 years or so, IMO. Glad it finally made it to DVD, and I hope we see more seasons in 2005.

Andrew Pezzo

Second Unit
Is it just me or did they drop the yellow smiley face when changing scenes? Now its a flower with pedals, probably to cover up the smiley face. If they did drop it its probably due to licensing.

Jim Beaver

Supporting Actor
I had a quick question I read on anoather forum that the music has been changed is this true? I read Randy's previous comment and it sounded like everything was there and I haven't other complaints and seeing how much people hate this kind of stuff i'm sure i would have heard about it by now.

Matt Butler

Screenwriter
Real Name
Matt Butler

Are you sure they just didnt use the smiley in later seasons; and the flower in the first season or so?

Sam Davatchi

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
SamD
How does the timeline work in the future seasons? They start in 1977 and they are now in the 7th season. Do they go into the 80’s? What year is the season 7 set in?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks