What's new

That 70's Show 100th episode musical(4/30)---Oh the humanity! (1 Viewer)

StephenT

Stunt Coordinator
I've loved this show from the beginning, but that was just awful. Who actually sits in a script meeting and thinks a musical episode is a good idea?

I TiVo'd the episode, but the season pass didn't get the behind the scenes special. Was that any good? It had to be better than the episode.

Rich Malloy

Senior HTF Member
So this was why "24" was pre-empted last night? I can't tell you how disappointed I was to find a different show airing in that time-slot... and on top of it all, you're saying it absolutely sucked?

Geez...

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Who cares? The only reason I watch this show is to see my dark haired honey Mila Kunis on a weekly basis.
htf_images_smilies_yum.gif

And yes, it's funny too. :)

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
I've loved this show from the beginning, but that was just awful. Who actually sits in a script meeting and thinks a musical episode is a good idea?
My Lord Joss Whedon promised a musical episode of Buffy, and he delievered. It was excellent from beginning to end in bother furthering continuity and working as a stand-alone, toungue in cheek look at Hollywood musicals

True, it's the only one to EVER succeed.

Don Black

Screenwriter
They kicked her off the show b/c she couldn't kick her drug habit. They gave her 2 chances I believe.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
True, it's the only one to EVER succeed.
What about "Cop Rock"? (Admittedly, I've never seen it)
Actually, I did like the one "Ally McBeal" did a year or two ago. Of course, that's a show which had really integrated music even on non-musical episodes, and they loaded up on Randy Newman stuff. I was surprised how much I liked Peter McNichol and Portia De Rossi singing Newman's "The Blues", though.

Jeremy Illingworth

Supporting Actor
The ads for the show said it would be a rock opera, and I thought they would have original music, ala Buffy (funniest episode ever) and it would be great. Instead there was no story, just the gang singing popular songs of the era.

jeremy

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
This "70's" shows wasn't bad. It wasn't great either, but pretty decent.

I liked the clip show afterwards too, but the interviews with cast members on these things are so lame ("we're all friends", "he/she is such a great actor", "it's the writing that makes the show", bla bla). AT least it was MUCH better than that lame "Friends" clip show hosted by Conan O'Brien *shudder*.

/Mike

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
I can't believe everyone is so down on musical interludes/episodes on TV. Seems everyone is always bitching about the singing on "Boston Public" as well. I have rarely seen any musical "segment" on any show that I really hated. Some do work better than others, but generally I like them.
Plus, any reason for Wilmer Valderrama to shake his groove thing is fine by me. ;)

Anthony Hom

Supporting Actor
I thought the musical bit on that 70's show was just a parody of things like the Brady Bunch specials. They know it's bad and that's what so funny about it. whether they can make it funny is subjective.

At least they try their best to get celebrities that were famous in the 70's to play guest parts in various episodes.

Cal S

Stunt Coordinator
I agree about the muscial episode being terrible.

I was almost unwatchable for me.

Really bad. Really.

IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarvelManiac68