What's new

Thanx HTF: I went with the Toshiba 52" (52HM84)!! (1 Viewer)

jasonSH

Auditioning
Delivered on SuperBowl Sunday!!!

I'm certainly no audiofile by any means, but I have spent the better part of the last year on and off this board bouncing back and forth between the JVC DILA, Samsung DLP, Mitsu DLP, and the Toshiba. I waited on the price to come down a bit and went to Best Buy Saturday with the intent to get the Mitsubishi 52" but for some reason went with my gut and got the Toshiba. The fact that I was able to get it for only $2200 bucks helped :)

Man am I happy!!!!

- I've got the Comcast HDMI DVR box and the picture is absolutely incredible!! To this point I have ZERO complaints...
- I haven't calibrated anything, just using the default "Theatre" mode.
- XBox: Big sports gamer and the ESPN basketball games looked awesome (NO lag either)
- Analog Channels: Display is very acceptable given the fact it is analog
- I also love the different aspect options (e.g. normal, theater wide 1,2,3 and full)...the set does an exceptional job of expanding the picture when needed

Guess after a while I got tired of the "paralysis by analysis" and just decided to go with something and see how my eyes reviewed it...

SO, if anyone is on the DLP fence, doesn't really care to wait on the 1080P sets in June, and is looking for a deal...I would strongly recommend checking this set out. The picture in my house blew away the reception that I saw in the store as well, so don't go simply on that.

Thanx again to all you dudes on this board that contribute...without your thoughts, people like me would have no idea what they should be looking for in a set...

One last question though, as far as the HDMI cables, any reason I need to drop $150 bucks on the Monster M1000DAV, or is the Monster 400 HDMI sufficient???

Dave H

Senior HTF Member
Acoustic Research sells an HDMI cable for around $35.00 on Buy.com. Monster is good, but overpriced. You can buy something just as good for a lot less money.

JoshG

Auditioning
How did you get BB to drop it down to $2200?? I would buy it too, that is a steal!

jasonSH

Auditioning
I was in there and called a buddy of mine who looked up some prices online. (Originally the girl told me the 2658.00 ticket price was their lowest price). He came across J&R who was selling it for 2299...Apparently Best Buy typically does not match J&R but in this case, maybe they were trying to get their numbers or something (not sure) but when I told them I was leaving to continue my online pricing...the manager decided to beat their price!! only goes to show what the mark up is on these things i guess...

But as it turns out the new Comcast Dual Tuner boxes do NOT have HDMI (as the sales person told me). It's still DVI, so now I'll need an HDMI to DVI cable instead...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks