Thanksgiving

Alex...

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alex Czaplicki
Title: Thanksgiving

Genre: Horror

Director: Eli Roth

Cast: Addison Rae, Patrick Dempsey, Jalen Thomas Brooks, Nell Verlaque, Milo Manheim, Gabriel Davenport, Tomaso Sanelli, Jenna Warren, Gina Gershon, Tim Dillon, Rick Hoffman

Plot: A slasher comes to a small Massachusetts town with the intention of creating a Thanksgiving carving board out of the town's inhabitants.

Jeffrey D

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeffrey D Hanawalt
I wonder if this is the first film to combine turkey and cranberry sauce with buckets of blood.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I saw it this morning and it's a lot of gruesome fun. It's probably for the best but they don't try to slavishly emulate 1980's slasher movies (that worked great in the Grindhouse trailer but it can't be sustained for a feature).

AlexF

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Alex
I saw this tonight, had a lot of fun. Very entertaining and funny.

I read a short bit from Roth commenting:

"We said, 'Let's pretend Thanksgiving was a movie from 1980 that was so offensive that every print was destroyed. All the scripts were burned. The director disappeared. The crew members changed their names. One person saved the trailer and uploaded it to the darkest corners of 4chan, and now it's made it out. So this is a 2023 reboot.' Once we said that, it freed us up."

So, a modern day reboot of a lost slasher film from 1980! :)

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks