What's new

Thanksgiving Hiatus (1 Viewer)

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co
It looks like this year not too many of the shows I follow are going on hiatus for the Thanksgiving week, unfortunately. I am going away and now have to rely on my VCR's to record them so I don't miss anything. Not a big problem, unless we get a power outage between the time I set them and the time the shows air.

Only Firefly and John Doe seem to be off.

24, Smallville, Enterprise and Twilgiht Zone all seem to be showing new episodes.

At least I'm not leaving until Tuesday evening. So I can set everything and they only have to make it until Wednesday night to get it all recorded.

Ken Chan

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken
November sweeps (when they show all-new episodes to boost the ratings) ends the day before Thanksgiving. Sweeps usually starts on a Thursday and ends on Wednesday four weeks later. Given that Thanksgiving is the fourth Thursday in November, this year may be typical.

//Ken

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co
I guess. It just seems like in past years all my favorite shows were on hiatus for at least the week of Thanksgiving, maybe even the week before or after, can't remember for sure.

Wayne Bundrick

Senior HTF Member
What Ken said.

Sweeps periods usually don't include the major holidays because people's viewing habits (and usually the TV programs also) are abnormal on those days. So, for the most part the networks aren't going to ease off the gas pedal until Wednesday night.

Similarly, the May 2003 sweeps period will be the four Thursday-through-Wednesday weeks preceding Memorial Day so that Memorial Day won't be included in the period, therefore it has to begin in the last week of April. And the July 2003 sweeps period will begin on the Thursday after July 4 and won't end until the first week of August.

Jodee

Screenwriter
Out of the shows I watch, here are ones that won't be seen next week:

Gilmore Girls: Beginnings
American Dreams
Angel
Alias
The Practice
Boomtown
Dawson's Creek
CSI
Without a Trace
Do Over
Firefly
John Doe

Thomas H G

Screenwriter
Tivo would solve my problems, but I don't have enough friends named Jackson and Franklin. Stupid college tuition

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks