What's new

Thanksgiving Day themed movies? (1 Viewer)

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben

It's been mentioned five times before your post, Steve. Starting with the first post. And including someone else who was surprised it hadn't been mentioned yet.

Reading is a lost art. ;)

M.

BrettB

Senior HTF Member
Wierd that no one has mentioned that Planes, Trains and Automobiles has already been mentioned several times. :confused:

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou

So is the art of spoof posts. I knew I should have added a winky, I know people had been mentioning it Michael that was the whole idea for my post.;)

Matt Fisher

Second Unit
Now it may be a stretch, but in Addams Family Values, Wednesday and Pugsley are part of a camp play about the first Thanksgiving.

BernieV

Stunt Coordinator
If you search the imdb for "plot=Thanksgiving", you get a list of 50 [mostly obscure] TV and movie titles including the following on DVD [some of which have been mentioned]:

A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving, Down and Out in Beverly Hills, Hannah and Her Sisters, Home for the Holidays, The House of Yes,Miracle on 34th Street, The Myth of Fingerprints, Pieces of April, Planes, Trains & Automobiles, Rocky, Scent of a Woman, Tadpole and What's Cooking?.

Bob Graham

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bob Graham
BROADWAY DANNY ROSE has a wonderful Thanksgiving scene where Danny throw a Thanksgiving Party for his clients and serves them Turkey TV dinners. There's also a sequence that involves the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade.

george kaplan

Senior HTF Member
There's a nice episode of the Bob Newhart show that takes place at Thanksgiving, but unfortunately, this is not yet out on dvd. :frowning:

Wow, lots of great suggestions out there (No Planes, Trains & Automobiles though? ;) ).
We watched Pieces of April last night and I have to agree with everyone elses recommendation, it is an excellent movie. It will be on my Thanksgiving Day movie rotation from now on.
Has anyone seen What's Cookin? or House of Yes and what did you think of them?

Thanks again for all the great suggestions!

Brian

Paul Hillenbrand

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul Hillenbrand
Ryan wrote:Your right Ryan. After viewing the rest of the movie last night, I would have to put "National Lampoon's Holiday Reunion" on the "Not to Recommend" list. :thumbsdown:

Paul

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben

Forgot about that one. I remember enjoying it, but it didn't leave a particularly strong impression. I'd see it again, though.

House of Yes is an interesting film, but not one I'd watch for the holiday spirit.

M.

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben

I certainly agree with the latter sentiment. A good spoof should look like one. Your post didn't look like a spoof, and neither does the one above suggesting Home for the Holidays (which is listed three times on the first page of the thread).

M.

Chris Cheese

Stunt Coordinator
The "Garfield Holiday Celebrations" DVD has a Thanksgiving special on it, as well as a Halloween and a Christmas one.

john mcfadden

Stunt Coordinator
I always watch Planes Trains and automobiles before Thanksgiving . The year that John Candy died , I teared up during his confession at the train station. It's still a hard scene for me to watch because Candy was brilliant , and i still miss him today . And for his performance I will ALWAYS be thankfull.

WHERE IS MY "DUTCH" DVD FOX ???? !!!!! (Widescreen) Movie only and trailer ($9.98) retail . How hard is that ?

Both Planes trains and autos and Dutch are the perfect Thanksgiving Double Feature .

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks