Thanks, Warner, for the great chat

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Bill Huelbig, Apr 23, 2003.

1. Bill Huelbig

Bill Huelbig Second Unit

Bill Huelbig
    It was a pleasure to read the transcript of last night's chat, not only because of all the great titles that were revealed but because the Warner people seemed to be having a lot of fun talking to the forum members. One of the best chats ever - thanks, Warner!

I didn't get to participate but, since requests from the forum actually seem to count for something with this studio, I'd like to mention one film that nobody else did: David Lean's incredible, underappreciated epic RYAN'S DAUGHTER.

Thanks again,
    Bill

2. bob kaplan

bob kaplan Supporting Actor

bob kaplan
    i want to thanks Warner for the information and timed shared as well....it is really appreciated.
    bob

3. Patrick McCart

Patrick McCart Lead Actor

Patrick McCart
    It was bittersweet. While I saw movies to be on DVD that I'm willing to pay for...I'm not so sure how I can pay for a couple dozen DVDs plus college.

Ramen time!

4. Doug Bull

Doug Bull Advanced Member

Doug Bull
    It was great of Warners to chat with and pass exciting information on to HTF members.

It was also very enlightning to know that they actually monitor the Forum. ( It gives one hope that his or her comments may not be in vain- Is my savior George Feltenstein actually reading this?)

My one bit of frustration regarding these chats with the Studios, is where do the regular members who keep requesting old musicals get to?
    Being in Australia, the time makes it difficult for me to join in, but most chats are noted by their absence.

While there were several questions thankfully asked about a handful of older classic titles and we received some great answers about them, I would dearly love to know what is happening with the vast catalogue of classic MGM and Warner Musicals.
    Jane Powell, Howard Keel, Debbie Reynolds, Judy Garland, Fred Astaire, Doris Day, Gene Kelly, Gene Nelson, Marge and Gower Champion, Virginia Mayo, Mickey Rooney, June Allyson, Gordon MacRae, Dennis Morgan and Jack Carson, Esther Williams and so the list goes on.

I would imagine a lot depends on the sales of the Cole Porter titles.
    Let's hope that they sell very well and thereby open the floodgates for other deserving Musicals.

5. Rain

Rain Producer

I wasn't at the chat, but I read it.

Some great new stuff coming down the pike from WB. I'm confident we will be seeing some great DVDs from them very soon (just as long as they don't go too heavy on the Lowry treatment...sorry I had to say it [​IMG] ).

A Christmas Story in OAR is going to make a sweet holiday treat. [​IMG]

Kudos for revisiting some of the older non-OAR DVDs!!!

(And if the folks at WB are reading this...please think about an SE of The Searchers. Thanks. [​IMG] )

6. Dick

Dick Lead Actor
    Supporter

Rick
    Seems like about half of all titles I would currently request from Warner were announced as coming this year or next! Great chat and a funny one, too. I am not as focused on DTS as many are, although I like having the option. I am more concerned about getting the titles out in great condition - even the Val Lewton stuff and FREAKS are on the way!! I look forward to FEARLESS VAMPIRE KILLERS and WILD BUNCH anamorphic and and all that other good stuff, but know now it will eventually arrive. With titles like SCARAMOUCHE and CRIMSON PIRATE and ROBIN HOOD and VALLEY OF GWANGI and THE HAUNTING, TOM AND JERRY cartoons, etc, etc. all coming within a year, I can wait for the rest! Thanks again, Warner Bros, for pretty much making a 180-degree turn from two years ago regarding catalog releases!

7. Megan_A_D

Megan_A_D Stunt Coordinator

I'm pretty pleased about the chat as well.

I'd like to respectfully request that Warner give another thought to Birds of Prey on dvd. BoP and Firefly were my two new shows I watched this year and both were cancelled.. I'm eagerly looking forward to and very thankful for Fox's upcoming dvd release of the show. I'd very much like to see Warner do the same!

It has at this moment 343 votes on www.tvshowsondvd.com and is ranked 57th of 3700+ tv shows. By comparison, Dr. Quinn, Medicine Woman is at 162nd with 200 votes.

[​IMG]