Thanks to the Home Theater Forum

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Terry Flink, Aug 3, 2001.

1. Terry Flink

Terry Flink Stunt Coordinator

Every once in a while I am reminded how great this forum really is. Most of the time I am looking for specific information about equipment, but every once in a while I stumble upon a "gem". I am using a Sony 7700 DVD player direct through a Marantz DP870 into an Outlaw 750 for both HT and music. My mains are older Canton Karat 300 with an SVS 20-39CS powered by an old Adcom 555II for bass. I had resigned myself to the fact that I could not use the sub for stereo CDs or 2.0 DVDs since I could not route the bass to the sub with the DP870. It was only on 5.1 material that the LFE signal was routed to the sub.
    I had been using the large setting for the front speakers since the Canton are full range, allbeit bookshelf, speakers. Well, wonder of wonders, while reading a thread I stumbled upon the idea to change the setting on the DP870 to small for the front speakers. All of a sudden the SVS comes alive with beautiful bass on all my source material.
    I just wish to thank the thousands of contributors to this forum. What a remarkable resource to exchange ideas and expand one's own knowledge.

2. Pete B.

Pete B. Stunt Coordinator

Hey Terri! Stop sucking up to everyone :) All kidding aside, between this forum & DVD Talk, my addiction has been duly noted by my wife and all future expenditures have to be approved through upper management! Need to upgrade my non-HDTV Tosh 50H60 to a Tosh 65H81 & also would like a new Kenwood 400 disc player to replace my Pioneer 525. What snow job can I use on her this time to make it look like a "must-have-or-we're-not experiencing-true-quality" purchase :)
    Pete