1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Thanks to the Home Theater Forum

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Terry Flink, Aug 3, 2001.

1. Terry Flink

Terry Flink Stunt Coordinator

Every once in a while I am reminded how great this forum really is. Most of the time I am looking for specific information about equipment, but every once in a while I stumble upon a "gem". I am using a Sony 7700 DVD player direct through a Marantz DP870 into an Outlaw 750 for both HT and music. My mains are older Canton Karat 300 with an SVS 20-39CS powered by an old Adcom 555II for bass. I had resigned myself to the fact that I could not use the sub for stereo CDs or 2.0 DVDs since I could not route the bass to the sub with the DP870. It was only on 5.1 material that the LFE signal was routed to the sub.
    I had been using the large setting for the front speakers since the Canton are full range, allbeit bookshelf, speakers. Well, wonder of wonders, while reading a thread I stumbled upon the idea to change the setting on the DP870 to small for the front speakers. All of a sudden the SVS comes alive with beautiful bass on all my source material.
    I just wish to thank the thousands of contributors to this forum. What a remarkable resource to exchange ideas and expand one's own knowledge.

2. Pete B.

Pete B. Stunt Coordinator

Hey Terri! Stop sucking up to everyone :) All kidding aside, between this forum & DVD Talk, my addiction has been duly noted by my wife and all future expenditures have to be approved through upper management! Need to upgrade my non-HDTV Tosh 50H60 to a Tosh 65H81 & also would like a new Kenwood 400 disc player to replace my Pioneer 525. What snow job can I use on her this time to make it look like a "must-have-or-we're-not experiencing-true-quality" purchase :)
    Pete