Thanks to the database problem...

Discussion in 'Playback Devices' started by John Wilson, Jun 18, 2003.

1. John Wilson

John Wilson Supporting Actor

Jul 6, 1999

The good news is that thanks to a few individuals I have got my CLD-504 up and running again. I believe it was David Norman who remembered a similar thread from the past and was able to direct me there. I found out that this blowing of fuses issue is more common than I thought. Kurtis Bahr did get back to me with the same fix that the old thread mentioned: An Arc Suppressor diode had shorted due to a possible surge and was causing the power input fuse to blow. Kurtis indentied the diode by location and number (D6) and I was able to confirm it being shorted. The fix was to clip and lift a lead to remove it from the circuit. Now the 504 powers up and I'm good to go. I have it connected to a Panamax 1500 so I'm pretty sure it has enough protection but I was wondering if I should use a fast-acting or a slow-blow fuse at this point.

Any suggestions?

This forum is great! I was able to find and implement a fix that proably saved me $75-100 in shop fees. Thanks to Kurtis Bahr, David Norman and others who helped direct me to a solution![​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
  2. David Norman

David Norman Producer

Oct 12, 2001
    Not only the $75+ fees, but the likelihood unless they know LD Players that they would be able to find the problem. Kurtis is the Man as far as Pioneer LD Players go.

Glad you have a player again. I'm having a lot more fun with my LD's now that they're cheap. All those $150-200 boxsets I'd never buy when they were new I can get now and not feel guilty.

I'm glad you saw the link before the db went down. I was about the report the information, but couldn't find the original anywhere.