Thanks Sony for two different covers for Spidey!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by TheBat, Jul 15, 2002.

1. TheBat

TheBat Producer

Jacob
    I think its awesome that you would use two different dvd covers for the widescreen and pan and scann version of spidey. I hope that you do more of that with other titles and hopefully the other studios will follow..

JACOB

2. John Berggren

John Berggren Producer

Where have you seen the covers? I hope the Widescreen edition gets a more appealing cover. It's too bad there will be anything but a Widescreen edition.

3. TheBat

TheBat Producer

Jacob
    they are releasing both a pan and scann and letterbox edition for spider-man.. check out the post in the software ection for the dvdcovers.

JACOB

4. Greg_S_H

Greg_S_H Executive Producer

Greg
    I prefer the P&S cover, unfortunately. Wouldn't even remotely buy that version, though. What would be best is if the cover art was reversable like a few companies have done. That way, they would be different on the shelves, but I could choose at home.

Of course, like people are fond of saying around here, the cover art doesn't make much difference after you get it home. I can live with the widescreen version.

5. Daniel Kikin

Daniel Kikin Screenwriter

I also like the Fullscreen cover better, but I'm defintitely going widescreen.

6. Qui-Gon John

Qui-Gon John Producer

Where are the pics and is the widescreen anamorphic, (I imagine it is or they're nuts).

They should have made the P&S cover really crappy. Maybe that'd push widescreen sales.

7. Jesse Skeen

Jesse Skeen Producer

They should have either put BOTH formats on ONE disc, or not do pan and scan at all!!

8. Megan_A_D

Megan_A_D Stunt Coordinator

I vote for a reversible cover so that consumers can pick the version they liked best AFTER they buy the clearly distinguished version that they wanted.

But it's interesting that they're trying different ways to distinguish because the forums have long since raged with disgust over the simple titling at the tops of the art that is easily missed.

Hell I accidently bought Mummy Returns P&S but was fortunately able to return it.

9. Steeve Bergeron

Steeve Bergeron Cinematographer

Steeve Bergeron
    You can see the two covers here.
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    Personally, I think the Widescreen cover is better.

10. oscar_merkx

oscar_merkx Lead Actor

I also agree that this is probable the start of the difference between Widescreen and P&S covers. So a plus that SpiderMan will be the watershed for this. Hopefully they will be reversable as I like the P&S better, yet I will buy the widescreen instead.
    [​IMG]