Thanks Paramount: Re:Trek TNG....

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by todd s, Dec 19, 2001.

1. todd s

todd s Lead Actor

We often criticize the studios when they do something we dislike. So I wanted to take the opportunity to THANK them for something they did right. That being Star Trek:TNG season box sets with extras. While I was not thrilled with the bare bones 2 episode releases of the TOS (which I bought them all). They still were a 100% better then my vhs store bought versions. They also admitted that the season box method is better and have changed their release method for TNG. So again Thank you Martin and Paramount for listening to us fans. [​IMG]
    ps-I am still hoping for Mission:Impossible tv series on dvd. (But, that is another story). [​IMG]

2. Mikah Cerucco

Mikah Cerucco Cinematographer

I'm a TNG fan so I'm looking forward to it. I also rest assured that Paramount will caption any extras. That's a real plus for me. My only question is how many episodes per disc and what type of packaging?

3. Norm Lalonde

Norm Lalonde Stunt Coordinator

I can't comment on the packaging, but the sets will be 7 discs. I assume we'll have 4 episodes per disc, with 2 on the last one for a total of 26 episodes. The 7th disc will also have the extras. All episodes will also be in glorious DD5.1 sound.

I'm looking forward to these sets.

Norm

4. Mikah Cerucco

Mikah Cerucco Cinematographer

Norm, thanks for the info. 7 discs is fine and 4 episodes per disc is what I was hoping for. Now if only we can get packaging that only takes up the same space as X-Files, or at least close. Space is at a premium here and when you're talking about 7 seasons, that's a lot of space. Packaging is the only thing left that would keep me from buying all 7 seasons (unless they charge some ridiculous price -- which I think I've already seen isn't the case). Go Paramount! [​IMG]