What's new

Thanks HTF for the Sony STR-DA5ES Heads up (1 Viewer)

Gerard Martin

Second Unit
Great receiver, an incredible price

of $750 plus shipping gives all

on a limited budget an opportunity to

join HT big time.

Joe Tilley

Supporting Actor
Damn I wish I was in your guys shoes that are getting them for that price, I bought mine about two months ago and thought I was getting a deal for 1380.00. Now I wish I would of held out for a little longer Id love to have that money two build an extra sub or something like that.

Oh well I guess you cant have it all have fun with your new toys guys.

Gerard Martin

Second Unit
Earl

Oade bros quoted me a price of $750

plus $30 shipping, onecall will match

the price plus shipping depending on

your choice of one, two day air or

ground. Both have the receiver in stock.

Earl Simpson

Supporting Actor
Wow!!! Oades is in Thomasville GA. I almost drove there and bought one. But 6th ave came through with a great 3802 price. So I changed my mind at the last minute. I wish I had the 6 channel equilizer on the Sony. Boy I bet it's a real beast.:emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup:

Kye

Auditioning
After reading the post by Gerald that he got the quote of $750 + $30 shipping for DA5ES . I just call Larry at OneCall and ordered my DA5ES . I also ordered JBL N24II for $129 delivered. Total is $909 for DA5ES (what a great HT receiver it will be from ONKYO 595 ) and JBL N24II (this will be for surround back). Thank you guys at HTF for giving me all the great informations and Larry at OneCall for letting me have this great receiver for such a price. I am so happy. :b

Phil Tomaskovic

Supporting Actor
Just wondering... I went to a large retailer who is also a certified Sony dealer internet from their site. The lowest they would go is $986. He claimed $750 is below cost and that for that price it must be a "non-authorized" unit.

I know all these places must not be crooked if One Call, J&R and Oade are all willing to sell for $750, but they must be making some money on these right? So if the current list price is $1199 (based on Crutchfield) what is the markup on these things?

Why is everyone so willing to sell these so "cheaply"? Bad economy?

And yes, I'm ready to order!

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
Phil, I don't know what the typical mark-up is on these receivers. Crutchfield always sells Sony ES components at full retail, which is $1200 in the case of the 'DA5ES. Crutchfield's argument is that paying the higher price gets you better customer service. In some ways, I agree. However, if you have done some research on your own and know what you are buying, I see no reason to pay Crutchfield's prices.

I imagine that dealers like OneCall, J&R, and Oade Bros. maintain a low overhead and get their merchandise at excellent prices, allowing them to sell items like the 'DA5ES dirt cheap. I imagine they also buy in large quantities, which allows them to buy at a lower price, which allows them to sell at a lower price, which means they sell more units, which means they buy in large quantities, and the cycle continues.

Gerard Martin

Second Unit
Phil
Onecall didn,t earn their highly
regarded reputation selling non-authorized goods. Check Link Removed for hundreds upon
hundreds of completely satisfied onecall customers. And Keith is absolutely correct high volume sales turnover
equals lower cost to the dealer that onecall as well as others are apparently
willing to pass on to their customers.

Phil Tomaskovic

Supporting Actor
Thanks guys. Yes, I don't dispute One Call, J&R, and Oade's reputation. Maybe I shouldn't be gullible and believe what the "anonymous" dealer is telling. It is a huge store, but maybe that's why they can't afford to sell too cheap since they have more expenses. Usually everything else like appliances they sell is alot cheaper than other stores, but I don't usually try to buy things like dishwashers online :)

I have to believe maybe the economy is partly at fault. Sony probably wasn't selling too many when the list was $1500 and now that the list has dropped, maybe these guys have more lee way to bargain lower.

I guess I'm wondering how low will they go! Not to be greedy.

Earl Simpson

Supporting Actor
Don't forget
.6TH AVE .
They do carry some of the ES line up.:emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup: I bought my M333es there!
And to add to the choir, these are all outstanding dealers, and in most cases will give you better service and value for your buck.:emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup:
PS//Hudge markup on some of this stuff. I was talking to a salesman by e-mail on another forum. and the shop bought the 898's for $700, and he could get it as an employee for $800. B&M's can be great places if you are an informed consumer and buy the stuff you need at internet prices. My lcl Rex will match any internet price//period//
But, they don't carry high end rcvrs. I bought my cerwin vega's 715's for $299 each out the door

Chris PC

Senior HTF Member
How does this receiver compare to Marantz and NAD for sound, in particular, stereo music listening.

Does this Sony have the wicked bass management from 40 to 120 hz on 10 hz increments for each channel???

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks