1. The HTF Tapatalk application has been discontinued. Please see the thread in the Forum Help & Feedback area for more information.
    Dismiss Notice

Thanks Fox & HTFers on Big Touble in Little China

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Terry Hickey, Aug 6, 2001.

1. Terry Hickey

Terry Hickey Second Unit

Terry Hickey
    My boys and I just watched "Big Trouble in Little China" for the first time. I was overseas evidently when this film came out, because I didn't have a clue what it was like. We enjoyed it very much. So, to the HTFer's, thanks for clueing me in on a good title, and Fox, thanks for a very pleasing dvd.

2. L. W. Cobb

L. W. Cobb Agent

Re: BTLC- A great, quirky film that, frankly, I'm surprised made it to DVD release so soon. As one of the HTF'ers who was priviledged enough to attend a screening of this DVD on the FOX lot in May, I can tell others not in attendance that there is only ONE reason why this film was released to DVD when it was- Mr. Peter Staddon liked it. For those of you who may not know of Mr. Staddon, I believe his proper title is Vice President of Marketing for Fox Home Video. He has been a great and generous friend to the Forum, and we are indeed lucky to have a true fan of film in such a position of power at a major studio. The Fox releases during his tenure have set the standard for DVD presentation. With such a great library to exploit, I can't wait to see what Mr. Staddon has in store for us in the future!

3. Gregory Pauswinski

Gregory Pauswinski Supporting Actor

Yep. Big thanks to Fox for doing such a great job on the Big Trouble in Little China DVD. It's a favorite of mine!
    Gregory

4. Carlo Medina

Carlo Medina Executive Producer

If you get a chance, listen to the Russell/Carpenter commentary. They are a riot together and have some funny things to say about the moviemaking business in general, and their history together. [​IMG]
    ------------------
    My dealer of choice (especially if you live in So-Cal, I highly recommend them): www.yawaonline.com

Click here for their www.audiosurvey.com reviews

5. L. W. Cobb

L. W. Cobb Agent

The commentary by Russell and Carpenter are great. Listen for the sound of a Zippo lighter, as these are two serious cigarette smokers! :)
    I concur with Carlo Re: his endorsement of Yawa Audio- a top-notch dealer, and a great friend to members of the HTF. Anyone in SoCal looking for A/V gear MUST check them out. :)