Thanks Fox for "Day the Earth Stood Still" & "Journey to the Center of the Earth&

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Terry Hickey, Mar 11, 2003.

1. Terry Hickey

Terry Hickey Second Unit

Terry Hickey
    Great job on both of those dvds. I am looking forward to your releases of "The Blue Max" and "300 Spartans" and hoping that you will put the same effort into them as you did with the afore mentioned. Keep up the good work and thanks again!

2. Randy_M

Randy_M Supporting Actor

Randy Margolis
    I second this!! The titles mentioned in the thread's title are two of my all-time favorites.

Thanks FOX!

3. Tommy G

Tommy G Screenwriter

Yes, many kudos to Fox for "The Day the Earth Stood Still". I ordered this one the first day it was available. Keep up the good work Fox. [​IMG]

4. bob kaplan

bob kaplan Supporting Actor

bob kaplan
    yes....another thanks for a couple of fine titles.

5. Joe Caps

Joe Caps Cinematographer

One bad thing here - Fox did a true stereo remix of Day the Earth Stoood Still around 1995 where the stereo msuic tracks were laid into the film. Great sounding track - this has been shown this way on AMC and used only for a Japanese laserdisc.
    This is NOT what is on the stereo track on the DVD - its just mono badly spread out. this is sad that Fox is not taking advantage of the tracks they have. They also have stero music tracks for Ghost and Mrs. Muir, Captain from castille, Prince of Foxes and many others they could use to remix for the dVDs. Since they are also putting on the original mono tracks on the dVDs, there should be no complaints.
    Its also sad that most of their true stereo films coming up are NOT iin the original 4.0 but mixed to two track stereo. This is so for Long HOt Summer,From the Terrace, Bue Max, Love isa Many Splendored Thing, and Anastasia.
    After my begging forever for a remaster of Affair to Remember, because the sound was so poor (the old laser sounded great!) THE NEW dvd IS STILL 2.0 not 4.0, and the sound is just as bad as the last DVD! sounding more like low fi mono rather than the gorgeous stereo track that is on the laser.
    Fox, I'm starting to lose faith in you.

6. Jeff_HR

Jeff_HR Producer

7. Benn

Benn Stunt Coordinator

Fox, if you still own them would you please release ZORBA, THE GREEK (1964), WHO IS HARRY KELLERMAN, AND WHY IS HE SAYING THOSE TERRIBLE THINGS ABOUT ME , and THE WEDDING BANQUET (1993) on DVD?