What's new

Thanks for the info, goodies are in (1 Viewer)

todd Michael

Auditioning
If this is all you read Thank you for the posts

i've read this forum for about a month and a half, and have studied, listened, shopped. All the advice was great so i thought i would give a little back! I was going to buy a HTIB for about $350 then i saw this sight. i couldn't get enough. ive never had any thing like this, buget up, up

1. narrowed it to denon 1802, 2802-onkyo 595, 696

ONKYO696 WON(from jandr$700 2 yr warranty extention and delivery) with ease of use(if i was single maybee the 2802 but my wife liked the remote.on sceen display,etc

2.Home theater direct speakers one me over with there service, i've never emailed any company and got such complete responce. went from level 2 to level 3 with the 2 towers. They didn't even push me in this direction(just got them they look great smooth corners, great looking connections and heavy, looks like great quality)!

3. pioneer DV440 as i learned i have no hdtv(not interested yet, watch more tv) so this would be good enough

4. Houghes direct tv with tivo, because dt now carries all local channels $80 from tivo sight awesome, love it(its hooked up)

its all sitting here un boxed, i've read the manuals and now ill just have to figure it out. Wires , Connections to use,should I upgrade connections, speaker location i'm totally lost , but its a great problem to have, i'll just keep reading

Thank You All Very Much!!!

Todd

Michael Botvinick

Stunt Coordinator
I am curious if you bought the center channel and rears Level III. I am considring them. Sound to good to be true. As far as wiring them, definitly bi-wire then. No other choice. Personally I don't go out and buy very expensive wire I used 12gauge from Homedepot with Banana plugs from Radio Shack. But you will get a hundred different opinions on this forum. I did buy highly quality cables for the equipment from Bettercables. Good coax, componet etc. If you need help wiring email me.
-Michael
[email protected]

todd Michael

Auditioning
yes i got the center, 2 rears(sub ,2 front towers)im new to this but compared to what i saw at best buy , CC, these look( no listen yet) better made than some that cost double, easy.Michael do you think bi wire the front three, or all of them(i think im sold already on bi wiring so everyone let me be:) the back on each of these has 4 big golden posts with a bracket (im guesing, crossover)connecting the top post to bottom
its like im 13 after Christmas
Todd

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks