Thanks for the help

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Chris Will, Jan 17, 2003.

1. Chris Will

Chris Will Supporting Actor

Chris WIlliams
    Thank you to every one for there opinions. It help me narrow my choice and ultimately chose a product that I'm going to love. Out with the Bose and in with the best bang for my buck. So thus begins the slow upgrade of my speaker system(b/c I'm not rich). Next weekend it begins when I go with cash in hand to purchase my new Paradigm Mini Monitors (although I'm going to have to wait about 2 weeks before I actually have them b/c the store doesn't stock the color I want, anyway). I do have one question for other Paradigm owners or any one who has knowledge about this brand. My next upgrade after the mains will be the center channel. I'm stuck between the CC-170 and the CC-370. All Paradigms are timber matched so I know that both will sound great with the Minis. In your opinion, is the difference in sound quality enough to justify spending about $160 more? Do you think that the CC-170 is a good match for the Mini Monitors. Thanks again for the advice. This web site always answers alot of questions for me.

-Chris

2. Marty M

Marty M Cinematographer

The CC-370 is a better timbre match to the Mini's. The 370 contains the identical woofer and tweeter as the Mini. I know it is a little more, but the center channel is the most important speaker in a home theater set up.