What's new

Thanks for Pure 80's, any more coming? (1 Viewer)

Jesse Skeen

Senior HTF Member
I'd love to see more music video compilations like this, as many of these videos were never put out commercially before and are sadly gone from TV (we used to have a nightly music video show sponsored by a local radio station from 1983-84.) The quality of this one was pretty good too, and I appreciated them being shown complete and not "segued" into each other and without onscreen song titles and other junk.
Surprisingly I ended up enjoying the MTV 20 Collection too even though the choice of videos included on that was a bit disappointing; that set celebrates what MTV used to be and not what it is now.
This of course would also be a good opportunity for someone to try doing some really good 5.1 mixes of these songs too.

Scott_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Jesse, do you think you may be able to type up the track listing or link to one online? I can't seem to find one anywhere online. Thanks.

Jesse Skeen

Senior HTF Member
(track listing stolen from David Lambert:)
The Buggles: Video Killed The Radio Star/ABC: The Look Of Love/Tears For Fears: Shout/Big Country: In A Big Country/Dexy's Midnight Runners: Come On Eileen/Dan Hartman: I Can Dream About You/Asia: Heat Of The Moment/Night Ranger: Sister Christian/Swing Out Sister: Breakout/Animotion: Obsession/Berlin: No More Words/Level 42: Something About You/Squeeze: Tempted/Tears For Fears: Everybody Wants To Rule The World
2 from Tears For Fears videos is overkill, especially since I've already got the "Scenes From the Big Chair" laserdisc! My big gripe about this disc is it has both a PCM and a 2-channel Dolby soundtrack- guess they thought they'd sell more copies with that Dolby Digital logo on the cover even if it's not a 5.1 remix. Good disc overall though, just hope they do more of them!
Oh yeah- "Heat of the Moment" has some video glitch at the top of the screen from the master tape, and "Tempted" looks pretty bad, but still looks like they made a decent effort to get the best possible masters for these.

Scott_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Much obliged Jesse (and David). :)
Looks like I may have to pick this one up. More money being spent - thanks. :thumbsdown: ;)

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
You're both welcome! :D
I just this second posted my own evaluation of the disc, in my Weekly Roundup thread that the track listing came from. Here is that post.
Basically, I'm impressed and I want more of these! :D :D :D :emoji_thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks