Thanks Brent

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Jack DeWees, Mar 13, 2002.

1. Jack DeWees

Jack DeWees Auditioning

Brent,

Would like to see those pictures. I actually went out today and got the speaker wire. When I step back in this room, I keep wanting to do a 7.1. But i almost think that perhaps a 7.1 would be overkill in a 17' Deep x 12 1/2' Wide room? Wouldn't the surround get blended from the sides to the back surrounds?

2. BrentMann

BrentMann Auditioning

Jack,

I sent you pictures via email.

As far as room config, mine is 12 x 38-ish, with the theater taking 20 ft. The surrounds are @ 17' with the rear center @ 20'. If I could have mounted the surrounds farther forward, I think 17' would be just fine. The theater room doubles as a living room and we like the big area for the ankle-biters.

I certainly think the rear-center fills the 'hole' in the back. I think 2 rear's, mounted equadistant would be at least, if not better as, 1 rear.

I will admit, the mounting box is not 100%, but it works. I ran the wire in the ceiling, so there is a hole above the box. But, it should come down with little effort/repair, should the time come.

Hope this helps

3. Jack DeWees

Jack DeWees Auditioning

Brent,
    Got the pictures. Thanks. I'm in the process of building this home theater. The room wiil double as a theater and lounge. So I think that I'll be safe with the surrounds at 16'. I be posting pictures up on our family website soon.
    DeWees Family Website