Thanks...and you didn't even know I was here.

Discussion in 'Beginners, General Questions' started by Lynette, Oct 16, 2004.

1. Lynette

Lynette Auditioning

I signed up just to say thanks after lurking for several weeks. I read posts until I felt confident enough to purchase my first home theatre. Panasonic DLP HDTV was first. I learned how to calibrate it with AVIA. Purchased a DVI/HDMI cable for the DBS. Then I researched DVD players and got the Denon 2900 hooked up, next was the AVR Denon 2805 and Paradigm speakers. Now I am working on the room set-up and tweaking. Listening to REM right now and it sounds so good that I'm in heaven.
    If it wasn't for your forums I am sure I would have botched everything big time...girls either get eaten alive or totally ignored by electronic salespersons. Thanks to you I think I was able to hold my own. I did have to laugh a little at the posts about WAF because it's know as HAF in my house.[​IMG]

Thanks all!

2. Jack Briggs

Jack Briggs Executive Producer

Welcome to Home Theater Forum, Lynette.

And please don't hesitate to ask questions. Glad to see that you got past the "HAF"! Best of luck.

3. FeisalK

FeisalK Screenwriter

wow.. I wish my wife would buy me a receiver and Denon 2900 [​IMG]

4. Leo Kerr

Leo Kerr Screenwriter

I liked the realistic bit in her post, too..

Of course, I hope you realize that while, in general, we're all happy to weigh in on various subjects, most of us have our special... hobby-horses and can expound rants of biblical proportions on a moment's notice. So just be careful to not take what we say too seriously.. [​IMG]

Leo Kerr