What's new

Thank You Ron !! (1 Viewer)

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
Ron, thanks for all your hard work in running this forum AND for all the great reviews over the past few years. Like many here, there are treasured discs in my collection that wouldn't have been there without your recommendation. In my book, there can be no higher praise for a reviewer.

Enjoy having a life again, and best wishes on your new relationship! :D

David_D

Stunt Coordinator
Yes. Thanks so much for all the effort you put into your reviews, Ron. I will miss them, but you deserve to be able to sit and enjoy a movie without worrying about writing the review.

Ed St. Clair

Senior HTF Member
Thanks for the DVD memories!
You have expanded my movie knowledge, as well as depleted my pocketbook.
I will never forgive or forget you!
All the best,
BIG ED.

elMalloc

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Reuben
:emoji_thumbsup:

I will miss the reviews.
The highly recommended DVDs I used to buy about 90% of his choices...now I'm a lost man at sea on what to buy!!

:frowning:

Vickie_M

Senior HTF Member
Thanks from me too Ron!

I'm thrilled that you were able to review Little Big Man before you quit. It's always been one of my favorite films and your review gave it some badly-needed attention.

Have fun in your "retirement!"

David Von Pein

Senior HTF Member
I, too, like everyone else, am sorry to see Ron stopping his reviews.

They are indeed excellent. .... Always easy-to-read and always informative, without giving away TOO much. :)

Plus: I've always liked reading Ron's posts in general. His unique "fewer letters to each line" style I find to be an additional level in the "easy-to-read" department. The eye can scan his paragraphs so much easier vs. all (or most) other posts here, because he chooses to cut off the line much earlier.

There's not a review of Ron E.'s that I have not enjoyed looking at! (Even for films I have no intention of ever buying on DVD.) :)

Maybe we can get a few reviews out of him in the future, eh??

Perhaps he could JUST review the "Major Blockbuster" kind of upcoming DVD releases. Like in 2077, when the Star Wars OT Ultimate Boxed Set emerges from LucasFilm! :)

(....Or perhaps the I. Jones Trilogy in November! That'd be sweet. :))

LarryE

Stunt Coordinator
Hey Ron, more of the same here. I will miss your indepth reviews. I have bought movies sight unseen after your reviews, two in particular that I wouldn't have given one glance at other wise. I appreciate your nudging to buy Moulin Rouge, and Amelie. Two great films, which me and my family have enjoyed over and over. Have a good time, and try to watch movies for the sake of watching. Hope you have time to post in general on the forum, as your opinion is highly respected.

Nick Senger

Stunt Coordinator
Yes Ron, thank you for all the terrific reviews. I especially liked reading about how the movies affected you personally--after all, that's why we all watch movies, isn't it?

Lito

Agent
hey ron,

thanks for the great job writing all those reviews over the last few years. they've been an invaluable aid.

will there be review archive available in your absence??

FredK

Second Unit
Ron:
Thanks for the reviews, they will be missed.

Perfect format, great coverage (w/enough images of supplements, etc.), and I love that they were 100% part of the forum. Just another thread that everyone could reply to and even have you get in there once in a while.

The layout is almost promotional... I've gotten excited about not only unknown releases, but of movies I don't even like!

Hopefully all future HTF reviewers will use the format, and you should get a job putting promotional copy together for a studio...

Jon_Are

Senior HTF Member
The key to your reviews, Ron, is that they came from the heart.

So do my thanks.

Jon

Nathan V

Supporting Actor
Ron,

Thanks very much for all the insightful and detailed reviews.
Thanks particularly for the cool packaging photos of digipak dvd sets; no other reviewer on the net has ever done that!

Regards,
Nathan

Steve K.H.

Supporting Actor
There's some AWFULLY BIG SHOES to fill around here now... good luck to whoever tries cuz the benchmark is REALLY darnn high.

Thanks Ron!;)

ArnaudP

Stunt Coordinator
Ron.

Thanks for the great reviews. I bought a lot of DVDs based only on your "Highly Recommended".

Chris Tedesco

Second Unit
Real Name
Chris
Very sad to here there will be no more reviews from you Ron. You will sorely be missed!

Thanks for the great reviews!

Michael Caicedo

Second Unit
Real Name
Michael Caicedo
Let me add to the chorus of thanks. I have not had time lately to post on this board, but I always made time to check out Ron's most recent recommendations. Like others have posted, I bought a few purely based on his recommendations, rented many others. My favorite Ron's review, is Saturday Night Fever. Thanks again.

Dalton

Screenwriter
Real Name
Dalton
Ron,
The Software forum won't be the same without your reviews. Thanks for all the time you put in to give forum membership an early look at some of our most anticipated DVD's. Some of the very best reviews on the web IMO.

Take Care,
Dalton

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks