What's new

Thank You Paramount (1 Viewer)

Peter M Fitzgerald

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Fitzgerald
Hooray! DANGER: DIABOLIK, THE ASSASSINATION BUREAU, THE COUNTERFEIT TRAITOR and BROADWAY BILL! I'll definitely be buying all four of these (as well as THE PRESIDENT'S ANALYST on June 8th --if all the original music/footage is back in place, that is)! Thanks, Martin! :emoji_thumbsup:

Now, if we could just get certain sci-fi and jungle-set adventure movies released on R1 DVD next... :D

Bradley-E

Screenwriter
Thanks Martin. Impressive list. I've been waiting for Spy Who Came In From The Cold and the White Dawn. Keep up the great work.

Bradley-E

Screenwriter
I have come together with some themes or groups of catalogue titles (various combos)

DOWNHILL RACER
K2
THE MOUNTAIN (Spencer Tracy film)

BABY IT'S YOU
FIRST LOVE
LOVE WITH THE PROPER STRANGER
THE STERILE CUCKOO

HURRICANE (1979)
THE DOVE
ISLANDS IN THE STREAM
JONATHAN LIVINGSTON'S SEAGULL

BLUE CITY
FIRE WITH FIRE
FIRSTBORN

THE ADVENTURERS
BLOODLINE
ONCE IS NOT ENOUGH
TROPIC OF CANCER

ARROWHEAD
THE NAKED JUNGLE
PONY EXPRESS
THREE VIOLENT PEOPLE

LET'S DANCE
LIL ABNER
THE MIRACLE OF MORGAN'S CREEK
WE'RE NO ANGELS 1955)

BUG
CONQUEST OF SPACE
CRACK IN THE WORLD
I MARRIED A MONSTER FROM OUTERSPACE
PHASE IV
PROJECT X (1968)
ROBINSON CRUSOE ON MARS

DISTANT THUNDER
HELL IS FOR HEROES
NATE & HAYES
THE RIVER RAT

COMPROMISING POSITIONS
FOUL PLAY
THE BLUE IGUANA

BADGE 373
FIGHTING BACK
THE FRIENDS OF EDDIE COYLE
HUSTLE
THE PERFECT WEAPON

BRAIN DONORS
JEKYLL & HYDE...TOGETHER AGAIN
PLAIN CLOTHES
STUDENT BODIES

PATERNITY
ROUGH CUT
STARTING OVER

THE BLISS OF MISS BLOSSOM
CAREER
MY GEISHA
THE PLEASURE OF HIS COMPANY

THE AFRICAN QUEEN
THE RAINMAKER (HEPBURN/LANCASTER)
SUMMER AND SMOKE

ASH WEDNESDAY
ELEPHANT WALK
A NEW KIND OF LOVE
PROMISE HER ANYTHING

IF...
THE LORDS OF DISCIPLINE
THE RED TENT

KING KONG (1976):SE To tie in with Peter Jackson Remake
THE NAKED PREY
ORCA

LADY IN A CAGE
LET'S SCARE JESSICA TO DEATH
THE SENDER
THE SLENDER THREAD

BEYOND THE LIMIT
DANIEL
LOOKING FOR MR. GOODBAR

DARLING LILI
ON A CLEAR DAY YOU CAN SEE FOREVER

SHIRLEY VALENTINE
STEPPING OUT

I know, how bored can a person be to come up with all this.LOL

DeanKap

Auditioning
Thank you for Danger Diabolik!!

And for The Spy Who Came in from the Cold, The Assasination Bureau, The Counterfeit Traitor, The Rose Tattoo and Heartburn.

And many thanks for The Tenant and the Hammer titles. They're great.

Now, if only you'd sneak out Four Flies on Grey Velvet.

Bob Engleman

Stunt Coordinator
It would be difficult at best, to pass up an opportunity to lobby for the 4 remaining titles I need to complete my transition to DVD:

1.Buccaneer, The
2.Last Outpost, The (Cavalry Charge)
3.Pony Express
4.Villa Rides!

Bob Engleman

Matthew Kiernan

Stunt Coordinator
I would be a little bit more appreciative if you included original theatrical trailers on all you catalog DVDs. I know you've said that music rights are the reason why, but with every other major studio making original trailers available on their DVDs it doesn't make much sense to me. I have the feeling that it's more a reluctance to pay for these rights than a "our hands are tied" situation.

Regardless, thank you for finally getting DANGER DIABOLIK out there.

Benn

Stunt Coordinator
Martin & Paramount,
I want to add my thanks. You've done such a great job that there are only two of my "golden oldies" favorites remaining on the list wanting from Paramount.

ENCHANTED APRIL (1992) and SOME KIND OF HERO (1982)

Perhaps they are on the list several people have mentioned. I've not seen that thread.
Thanks again, and keep up the good work on your current movies.

Bradley-E

Screenwriter
Watched THE MOLLY McGUIRES. Another wonderful transfer. Chalk up another winner from Paramount. I've been so impressed lately with their catalogue titles. This one looked so clean.

Paul_Scott

Senior HTF Member

i'm looking forward to blind buying this soon.
as someone who has enjoyed discovering new/old titles on this format, Paramounts change in pricing structure has been very much appreciated.

two years ago i would never have thought of making a blind purchase of a Paramount title.

Bradley-E

Screenwriter
quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Watched THE MOLLY McGUIRES. Another wonderful transfer. Chalk up another winner from Paramount.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i'm looking forward to blind buying this soon.
as someone who has enjoyed discovering new/old titles on this format, Paramounts change in pricing structure has been very much appreciated.

two years ago i would never have thought of making a blind purchase of a Paramount title.

Most of what I buy these days are the studio catalogue titles. I have become most impressed by Paramount lately. They really make an effort to make the presentation as good as they are able to. Now that they are pricing the catalogue titles @ the $14.98 range ($10.00 at most discount stores) it is a bargain. Also the fact that they believe in presenting the movies in their OAR is another commendable trait. I am really getting irritated with MGM and SONY's Full Frame crappy transfers. Not to mention SONY'S overpricing. The scary part is that MGM may be bought out by SONY.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks