1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Thank you Paramount, for The Godfather movies

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Carlo Medina, Oct 12, 2001.

1. Carlo Medina

Carlo Medina Executive Producer

Thank you very much for bringing this beloved set of movies (okay, I & II) to DVD.
    Could it have looked better? Yes, and please do consider giving Harris and Katz a chance to work their magic on it. But all things considered you, and American Zoetrope, did a fantastic job. You have easily surpassed any previous home version of these movies.
    It's not a perfect set (I don't like the hubs that hold the discs in, I may transfer these to Amaray cases and keep the box for posterity) but at least you've given them to us and done an above-average job of presenting them. That's more than I can say for: Indy, BTTF & Star Wars Original Trilogy (non-SE, which will most likely NEVER see the light of day).
    So warts and all, thank you for giving us what we want: two of the best American movies ever made on our format of choice.
    BTW, if you were to do a Harris & Katz restoration and re-release, I would buy it.

2. Nate Anderson

Nate Anderson Screenwriter

Thank you for just putting these out. These movies a perfect...There's a sense to these films, as though they are presented this way for a reason. Perhaps so they would look more like a film presentation.
    It's an amazing set for an amazing set of films.
    ------------------
    "This is not a drill. This is the apocolypse!"
    My Extensive DVD collection.