Thank You MGM !

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Dave Scarpa, Jan 2, 2002.

1. Dave Scarpa

Dave Scarpa Producer

David Scarpa
    For putting out the Best Version of my favorite movie Ever, Buckaroo Banzai. I've loved this movie since I first saw it in the theatre on release. Since then I've suffered thru an awful VHS and P&S Laser release. Finally I get to see my fave in OAR, with a tremendous transfer and great extras on the disk to boot. I Have'nt read Ron's best of the year yet but if MGM did'nt get it somethings wrong. They put out a great version of Hannibal (eventhou the movie's so-so)an excellent Mad Max SE with original Soundtrack,and now a great Banzai release. Thhey really have done an enormous turnaround from the bare bones nonanamorphic disks they were shoveling out. My Collection is complete Banzai is on my shelf !

2. Damien Montanile

Damien Montanile Stunt Coordinator

Dave,
    Im happy you are pleased with your MGM release, and my next question is absolutely serious. What about the movie did you like so much? I really had no interest in seeing this movie at all and I Was just curious what attracts other movie goers to this particular flic.
    Thanks [​IMG]
    -D

3. Dave Scarpa

Dave Scarpa Producer

David Scarpa
    Part Nostalgia, but mostly Ilove the dialog in this movie, the way it overlaps, the crispness of it. It's a well written piece Dialog wise.

4. Michael Reuben

Michael Reuben Studio Mogul

5. Jeff Kleist

Jeff Kleist Executive Producer

If you're reading MGM, I no longer cringe every time I put one of your discs in my player. My last 5 or 6 MGM discs have been a MARKED improvement. Keep it up, you have a VERY happy customer right now, and I'm sure I'm not alone.

Thanks for Mad Max in OSL too! Very very welcome!

6. Paul D G

Paul D G Screenwriter

7. MaxY

MaxY Guest

Yes Thank you MGM for AOBB and for Mad Max and even more so for showing the rest of the industry you can make true SEs for under $15.

I have been picking up lots of MGM catalog titles as they release them and it seems that widescreen 16x9 transfers are now on most of them, some feature great extras and all are sporting low prices.

Thanks MGM.

BTW just incase some of you have not noticed MGM has control of lots of very very good movies.

Max

8. Mark Cappelletty

Mark Cappelletty Cinematographer

Paul,

Actually Big Trouble in Little China started out as a Western (as stated in the commentary) and W.D. Richter was brought on to update it to modern times-- that seems to be the only connection to Buckaroo Banzai, though the two films share the same kind of no-holds-barred anarchic spirit.