Thank You LOU!! - from Seattle Mariners Fans

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by James_S, Oct 14, 2002.

1. James_S

James_S Second Unit

Thank you Sweet Lou!

Its official Lou Piniella is leaving the Seattle Mariners. They still hold his contract for 2003 so if he signs with any other team the Mariners will be able to ask for compensation

So do we in Seattle wait for Dusty Baker whom has shown interest in Seattle, although we will have to wait until after the World Series?

I would take Dusty over anybody else.

2. Ashley Seymour

Ashley Seymour Supporting Actor

I'd love to see Dusty as a Cub. Don't the Cubbies deserve a chance? If Dusty can't turn them, then no can. Of course a winning Cub team would demand higher salaries and within a season be broken up.

3. Tommy Ceez

Tommy Ceez Second Unit

A manager can turn a TEAM around but he cannot turn a FRANCHISE around, only owners and GM's can do that. Thats why it bothers me when the Devil Rays or Brewers fire thier managers...what do they expect.
    So I guess my point is Dusty to the M's would make a difference, Dusty to the Cubs would not

BTW, some of you rest-of-the-country fans please put in the good workd for my man Willie Randolph.

4. Ross Williams

Ross Williams Supporting Actor

It's really sad to see Pinella go. It's gonna be a completely different Mariner team next year. Dusty would be my #1 choice to replace him.