Thank you JBL!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Aaron Garman, Mar 27, 2002.

1. Aaron Garman

Aaron Garman Second Unit

Hello all. Just got my JBL PB12 over at Best Buy for a great deal from a friend. Anyhow, figured out that you can bypass its internal crossover. So now that my Yammie 5280 is doing all the work, I setup everything for THX levels. Just got done checking out the Phantom Menace Laserdisc. Never until this day did I know how much LFE that movie REALLY had. I always knew it had a ton, but not like this. It actually managed to knock stuff off my wall. Just to paint a picture, my room is 11.5' x 9'. The sub is 12", 250watt. Do the math! Thanks JBL for a great subwoofer.

Aaron Garman

LFE Nut

2. Chris Tsutsui

Chris Tsutsui Screenwriter

Glad to hear you like the JBL, I was considering a PB12 if I didn't save enough up for an SVS + amp.

I really like their S38 and S312 speaker.

3. Dustin B

Dustin B Producer

The JBL PB12 may be a decent budget sub (especially if you got a sweet deal on it) and will certainly add a lot to a home theater without a sub. However (and don't take this as raining on your parade), I guarentee you that you aren't even coming close to hearing all the bass on that disc. The PB12 just simply isn't capable. If you ever get the chance to hear it on a sub that can do well over 100dB at the listening position down to 16hz or lower, then and only then will you fully appreciate that disc [​IMG]

4. Aaron Garman

Aaron Garman Second Unit

Hello all. I can't imagine getting more bass from that disc. However, it is definitely the most bass I've ever heard on any laserdisc or DVD to date. No matter what anyone says, that Phantom Menace laserdisc is the best version available of that particular film. Good day!

Aaron Garman

LONG LIVE LASERDISC