What's new

Thank you for your help - I've finally made the purchase (1 Viewer)

Ian_J

Stunt Coordinator
I just want to post a big THANK YOU to all those that helped me with information regarding equipment. I’ve ordered the following:

Axiom Custom Speaker Package$1,450
Millennia M60ti Towers
Millennia M3ti Bookshelves (used as rears for 5.1 audio)
VP150 Center
SVS PBI-ISD $599.99 (I prefer the box design)
Better Cables $109.00 (purchased with SVS – great deals!)
Denon 2200 $599.00 (used as a 5.1 / DTS processor)
Total:$2,759.00

The only item retained from my previous system is a Nakamichi AV-500 (5 channel pro-logic amp with 5.1 analog inputs / 100 watts per channel). The NAK will now be used exclusively as a power-amp). I also have a Sony ES 400 disk CD changer. My goal is to work my way into separates.

I purchased the Denon 2200 from Tweeters on Friday (11/7). This is an amazing product. If you’re thinking about adding the Denon to your system, do it! The audio functions are stellar and the video imaging is far beyond my previous “reference” level. My monitor is a 32” sony Wega with digital comb filter. I can’t even imagine how great the image will be when I upgrade to a progressive scan / HDTV, FP or plasma model. I chose the Denon because it gave me access to a high quality decoder, progressive scan, DVD-A & SACD player all in one. By using the Denon as my processor, I was able to avoid the need to upgrade my amp (saving about $800 in the process).

The Axioms will be used to replace my Eosone RSF1000 speaker system. I’ve loved Eosone’s for movies but the way they “SHAPE” music has always bothered me.

Thanks again for all your help.

Ian

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks