What's new

Thank you Circuit City! (1 Viewer)

Alf S

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alfer
After reading some threads around the net, I found out CC was having a rebate of $50 off the $99 DirecTivo (Hughes model)thru today.

I decided to call and check on it, sure enough CC #1 of 2 we have said they had six and the rebate was on and MAY be extended. Since there is a closer CC I opted to stop by there and grab one. The kid said he knows of no rebate and wouldn't budge. I told him I'll go to his the other location then.

I got to store #2 and found a young kid who at first balked at the idea of a rebate on an already $99 receiver, but sure enough, he found their posted price card that offered the deal.

Problem was no rebate form printed out of the register and the CC site rebate form was out of date by a week.

Long story short, he told his manager, and she agreed to just take $50 off my order right there, no rebate forms to fill out or anything! ;)

I was pleased as punch and I'm now a proud owner of two of these babies! (Got the other one at a heck of a good price after playing up the "I'll switch to DISH for their FREE PVR" card.)

Sorry to be long winded but wanted to give a big thank you to CC for going above and beyond for me on this sale.

Alfer

Joe Hsu

Supporting Actor
hehe, yeah, that was a great deal...lots of people got in on it. Even at $99, I might get one if we switch over to DirecTV.

Congrats!

Hugo

Stunt Coordinator
Hi, when you get that deal, are you forced to get a package of directv? Or no compromise there at all?

Hugo

Kevin Stewart

Second Unit
Real Name
Kevin Stewart
I too had the manager credit my account $50 when he realized the rebate was no longer valid (they changed the original expiration date of 10/4 to 9/30). He credited it on a different receipt (and credited the tax too), so I payed a total of $54 for the unit, but I have a receipt that shows $108 and I have access to the correct rebate form. Decisions, decisions.

Hugo - Not sure what you mean. If you purchase the unit you will need to activate it within 30 days (sometimes the receipt will say 90 days). YOu do not have to upgrade your package and you can de-activate the unit at any time. Your directv service commitment will be extended for an additional 12 months from the time of the new activation, however.

Also, starting about 10/17, all directivo units (the 35 hour units) will be $99 at most locations (CC, BB, etc.).

Stew

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks