What's new

TH V network....very happy (1 Viewer)

Louis Letizia

Supporting Actor
The double feature DVD s of United Artists titles are very satisfying. Finally we have THE MERCENARY, A MATTER OF TIME and especially CHILLY SCENES OF WINTER. With Shout Factory knocking out genre titles and this companies fast turnout, maybe we will soon see RETURN TO MACON COUNTY, LAST EMBRACE, MIXED COMPANY, JENNIFER, SHARKS TREASURE, WHERE THE LILLIES BLOOM, and many others. I meant TGG Network

Bob Cashill

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Cashill
I assume this is what MGM is doing now that Fox is tending to its own MOD line...please let us know as more go up, thanks.

Bob Cashill

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Cashill
I picked some of these up. Note that KILLER FORCE, paired with that same year's BRANNIGAN, is full-frame (and an OK transfer). So is A MATTER OF TIME (paired with JINXED!) but given the rarity of the title I suppose one can be indulgent and give it a pass. (It is, however, incorrectly ID'ed as 1:85 16:9 on the box).

Louis Letizia

Supporting Actor
Yes, it was a bit disappointing. A MATTER OF TIME is a minor work by the great Vincent's Minelli, but not quite the atrocity they made it seem. It had one of the worst engagements in Radio City Music Halls 70s output. Far worst of period pieces that year was the abysmal THE INCREDIBLE SARAH. We should be used to these erroneous aspect ratios listed on the cover. But, I am enjoying these obscurities overall. FROM NOON TILL THREE was also a pleasant surprise.

Louis Letizia

Supporting Actor
Bob Cashill said:
THE INCREDIBLE SARAH...there's one that's disappeared.
Rightfully so! A Richard Fleischer costume G rated drama starring Glenda Jackson one year after MANDINGO? Cant gert more opposite than that! Nonetheless, I am curious who has rights to THE INCREDIBLE SARAH? MGM ? Other family entertainments of the period Id like to see : WHERE THE LILLIES BLOOM (is it still MGM?) BIRCH INTERVAL (a luminous Ann Wedgeworth) PART 2 : SOUNDER (who owns this? Seemingly lost. The old Variet I looked up suggested this was a major boxoffice fiasco in New York)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks