What's new

Texas DIY'ers, POST HERE! (1 Viewer)

Mark Hayenga

Supporting Actor
Dear Texas HTF Members,

My name is Mark Hayenga, and I am attempting to orchestrate a gathering of audio do-it-yourself types from around the state. To this end I am compiling an email list of Texas do-it-yourself audio aficionados through which this activity, and any other future activities, may be coordinated. The list is composed of an individual's name (first name and initial of last name only), preferred email contact, and nearest major city. This is the only information that is being collected, and we are only collecting enough to contact you via email and plan possibe venues.

If you would like to be a part of these gatherings, please respond to this post with the above information (and only the above information - we value your privacy!). Alternatively, you may send an email to asdf at hayenga dot com and I will add your information to the list. You MUST be a member of the list to be included in the get-togethers. We will only be distributing meeting information via this list and will be enforcing RSVP's so as to ensure that we both get good attendance as well as avoid having masses of unanticipated people descend on any one persons house for the get-together.

I look forward to meeting you guys in person in the not-too-distant future!

Mark Hayenga

Hank Frankenberg

Senior HTF Member
My name is Hank and I'm a D-I-Y-er. I'm not into recovery yet, as I want to build just ONE MORE speaker system, and tweak ONE MORE circuit, that's all, I swear!

Mark was in town Sunday and we went over to Rich's to see his towers under construction. He's veneered them in Sapele, one of my three favorite 3-D wood grains (the other two are Anegre and Makore).

What's your plan Mark? Are you gonna have the ultimate, mega state-wide Texas D-I-Y-er meet?

Mark Hayenga

Supporting Actor
Mkay, that's one Frank H added to the list (I've got to get these in while you and your revolver are a couple towns over :))

Up until now I've been discussing this with some members of the Madisound discussion forum. We've got about 20 people that are interested, and we're trying to flesh out the list a bit more so I am hitting up the home theater DIY sites. I'm likely just going to be the coordinator/contact person; there will be significant involvement from others regarding hosting and planning as well. Hopefully it will be as good if not better than the last big DIY meet we had at Jonathan's; turnout there was excellent if not a little excessive and we got good feedback from everyone involved.

Mike Keith

Second Unit
I might be interested, I'm in the Fort Worth area but I don’t get out often and can’t bring anything to a meet, as all my stuff is quite un-moveable. Is this more of a gathering to talk or some sort of shootout where people will be bringing projects.

[email protected]

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks